Thursday, July 30, 2009




3 months old! Benjamin is growing like a weed and usually smiling. The last three months have been such a learning experience, but I had no idea how incredible of an experience motherhood would be. Benjamin is being a stinker with night time sleeping, but everything I read says it could take 4-6 months to get on a regular schedule. I'm trying to be patient!

Benjamin is "talking" more, grabing for toys, sucking on his blankets, and so expressive with his eyes. He has some amazing blue eyes that are going to be dangerous! He loves a bouncy seat that I stole from Nanna's house, and strongly dis-likes "tummy time. Oh, and he found his thumb. :)

Benjamin is being so good during the evening when we are usually getting together with people, sharing about the ministry. He seems to have a very small window of bed time opportunity. If I catch it, the evening is a breeze but that gets hard when we are meeting with people. So we usually try to scoot home no later than 8!

I'm afraid that he's becoming a momma's boy. In month two he was awesome at going to sleep on his own, or laying on a blanket kicking away. The last week he likes to be held...A LOT. I'm hoping its a phase, that I hold him enough to make sure he knows I love him like crazy, and not enough to make it a habit for the next year!

Well, I hope you all have a great end of the summer. I can't believe it's almost over. We're excited to spend a week or two up in MN with the Lewicki family. We'll be sharing information about the ministry with a lot of individuals, as well as hanging out with family and getting ready for our Little Buddy's arrival in Aunt Anna's family.

Benjamin seems to think I need to be holding him now, so I better scoot!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Maybe he misses you from all the car rides. If Phin didn't get held enough during the day, he would wake up in the middle of the night just to cuddle. Funny little guy. He's still like that. If he doesn't get enough lovin' during the day, he needs some quality cuddle time before we lay him down for the night. It will get better. And for being a momma's boy at 3 months...that's normal. ;)