Tuesday, May 19, 2009

3 WEEKS OLD

I cant believe I'm writing while holding MY 3 week old baby boy. The past 21 days have been such a growing experience... my faith has been tested, my patience been tried, my ability to love expanded, and my ability to function without sleep is in progress... My appreciation for life is off the charts.

Moments ago I realized how perfect life is right now. I just came in from outside where I was sitting in 80 degree weather doing devotions. Right inside my front window sat a bassinet with my sleeping baby Benjamin. I know that I'm am so very blessed!

Last weekend we had quite the scare. Benjamin woke up friday AM around 6. I fed him and was not interested in waking up for good, so he came back to bed with me. Later I needed to pump so I got out of bed and handed Benjamin off to Joel. After noticing Benjamin was fussy Joel began to problem solve and went to change Benjamin's diaper. Joel noticed Benjamin felt warm so he took his temp. It was over 100 degrees. After talking to first nurse, and the dr office, we decided to bring him in. Mom (I) didn't think there was any problem, but complied. After lab tests the dr entered the room and suprised us by sending us to the hospital. Poor Benjamin was pricked like a pin cushion on his hands, got an Iv in his head, had a spinal tap, lots of blood out of his heel, and was circumcised all in the course of 2 1/2 days. I'm not sure if it was harder on mom and dad or Benjamin. Through all the test the best outcome came about and that was a high viral count. We love being back home and being able to hold Benjamin without tubes!

We're right around 21 inches, 7lbs 13 oz, and still in size NB. We're excited for the upcoming weeks of Aunt Auburn's wedding, and a trip to MN and Co. I home we have a good traveler baby! This summer is going to go fast and I'm already slightly sad about my baby growing up too soon.

Pray for our family as we go through some pretty big changes. Besides the arrival of Benjamin, the end of the month will be a transition time for Joel and I as Joel moves from his employment at the church, to a support raised postion with the Navigators. We'll be doing a lot of traveling this summer to let friends and family know about God's calling to college ministry and asking you all for prayer and/or financial support. We're trusting God with our future as we attempt to raise Benjamin and glorify HIM in ministry.

Love you all so much!

No comments: