Friday, May 8, 2009

Quick up-date

Just a quick update...Benjamin had his follow up appointment on Thursday. (after his appointment on Monday we found out he was still losing weight) The goal was for him to gain an oz a day, which would put us at 7lbs 5 oz by Thursday. He proved himself an over achiever and weighed in at 7lbs 7oz. Mommy was very proud.

He's still being a great little boy, and sleeping well. I'm having to learn a lot about myself quickly as I figure out how Benjamin and I can work together making sure we both sleep and eat well. I'm finding out that not only is it important for Benjamin to get those two things accomplished, but I'm a pretty worthless mom if I don't as well.

I caved in and bought Dreft. (actually the Target equivalent) I thought it was the most unnecessary baby item and swore that my baby could just use the affordable stuff. Then Benjamin got a rash. I dont know if it was from the texture of his ducky outfit, or someone's perfume or the ALL detergent I was using, but seeing his perfect skin all red, made Joel and I so sad, that I made a quick trip to succumb to whatever one else said was best. I re-washed every piece of clothing and blanket, so time will tell if it was worth the $9. (It was $11 and I had a cupon!)

We had a fun week with a play date with our friend Roman, Nana came and loved on us, and we got to go see Daddy at his office. Tomorrow Joel's sister and her family is coming to meet us, and we are very excited. Then on Sunday we end the week with cousin Jonah and Audrey's birthday party!

Time for our 3:30 snack! Bye!

No comments: