Friday, December 4, 2009

health




Well I've stared to attempt to cook a little healthier. I have never had great skill in the kitchen, and therefore the last 4.5 years have had far too many frozen pizza's and mc doubles! I didn't really have any goal other than to make healthy food a little more accessable, and to think of eating food for nutritional content first, and not just opting for drive through all the time. After reading just a couple of different books, I'm trying to stay far away from high fructose corn syrum, decipher good fats from bad fats, limit sugar, and take in good amounts of fiber, protien and WATER! I feel pretty great, my pants are looser and the scale shocked me so much that I almost wet my pants!

Ingredients that are staples in our cupborad right now are:

tomatoes, onions, tomatoes, garlic, peppers, beans, apples, bananas, avacados, lean beef, ground turkey, chicken breasts, canadian bacon, peppered turkey slices, low/non-fat cheeses and yogurts, skim milk, eggs, 100% whole wheats...

After saying that, I'm not sure about the lunch I made(as in, I made up the recipe and dont know about the health factor), except that it was WAY good.

I hope you all have a deliciously warm and healthy winter!

CHICKEN SOUP:
low sodium chicken broth
1/2 boullion cube
1/2 cup water
two chicken breasts (seasoned with paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper)
three celery stalks
garbanzo beans
fresh parsley
oregano

1 comment:

Grant and Jodie said...

yummy!! good for you tori.