Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010

I just peeked at the calendar and can't believe it is already the 5th of January 2010.  Benjamin will soon be 9 months old, I will turn 26 this year and be closer to 30 than 20, my 5th year anniversary is fast approaching, and that is just the beginning!
This is of coarse the time for New Years Resolutions and rather than pick one and get mad when I fail, I have picked a plethora of goals to help me become more of the wife, the mom, the friend, and overall person that I want to be.  So I will now write them on my bog and hope to not forget them by next week.:)


  • I want to to buy/use predominantly whole grains
  • I want to be aware, and stay away from high fructose corn syrup
  • I want to make lists of what I really want/need to buy and save my $ for those things, in hopes that I don't waste $ on sale items that I really don't need
  • I want to start asking more questions and sharing less personal stories
  • I want to spend more time in front of the Word than I do in front of the mirror
  • I want to start a pattern of prayer for my boys
  • I want to memorize the TMS(topical memory system) over the coarse of the year
  • I want to start meal planning
Overall I want my attitude in this new year to be one that starts becoming the woman that I am always jealous of, and that I struggle to not resent, rather than seeing it as intangible or futuristic.  Hopefully if I can create some of these habits in 2010 and Benjamin might never know that I was any other way...Ready Set Go!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like some great goals, Tori. I've started some new things for myself too and hopefully I'll be able to stick with them. ;)

sonshinymom said...

happy new year! :)