Friday, January 15, 2010

Winter Projects


As I type I am very distracted. I am sitting in the rocking chair in Benjamin's room, and he is scooting all over the place, seeing what mischief he can find. Right now, he has located his basket of toys, and is fascinated by Teddy Bear my friend Kristy gave him. He is biting it and horrified at the fuzzies he then gets in his mouth. It's hilarious!


Well the story above describes a lot of my past week. Benjamin is all over the place, finding the greatest joy in cords, plastic, dirt, and buttons. Needless to say, I have spent a great deal of my time baby proofing our house. I have mananged to rearrange the living room so that there is only one "hands off" corner for Benjamin. (other than the curtains) I can move one of the foot stools in front of that corner, and then it is pretty safe wandering for the little explorer. Besides crawling, Benjamin has begun a sort of mini tantrum this week. Now that he is mobile I think he has discovered a few more wants, that he interprets as needs, and chooses to to clench his jaw and scream to inform me of that "need". I am attempting to ignore the scream and wait until he has calmed down to either redirect him, or help him with whatever he needs. I've now begun reading in every bit of my spare time (except now) to learn as much as I can about babies, and behaviors and effective "discipline" at 9 months. It's definitely tiring!


I've also started to attempt crocheting. This will be a short paragraph, because I still don't know what I'm doing, and I'm not having luck with the youtube tutorials. My mom is coming up Tuesday, so hopefully that will shed some light on things!


Joel and I have had a great week getting back into the swing of things with a couple bible studies, and time in the Word. We've also been rather competative and played a lot of rounds of Boggle and Settlers of Catan. Unfortunately I get WHOOPED in Boggle, so I try to play that one as little as possible! Tonight I think we are playing "Are you smarter than a 5th grader", which I am not even going to pretend that I have a chance at. :)




We'll Benjamin has decided I should be done with the computer. I better go!

1 comment:

lindsey said...

if matt can crochet, you can too...that's right, i taught him how to crochet :)