Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Home Again Home Again Jiggedy Jig!

Benjamin turned 1 yr old.  Then I blinked and now he's 13 months old.  I'm not sure how that happened.  Well, I guess I kind of now...most of that time Joel Benjamin and I were in the car.  

We first made a trip to Co Springs for a training summit with the Navigators.  The trip down was quite a bit different than our last 12 hr trip when Benjamin was 2 months.  Then, he slept, ate and poo-ed.  Not so this time!  He slept 1 1/2 hrs of the 12 hr trip but was surprisingly bearable. If I hadn't tried so hard to get him to sleep, I think would have been even happier, and I would have been far less stressed.  Our only bad break down came the last 1/2 hr of the trip.  But overall it went fast!

The week in the springs went fantastic.  Benjamin slept remarkably well.  We learned that rather than his soft Pottery Barn Blanket to sleep with (which we have traveled with since birth) he wanted his bunny comforter (which he squishes up and uses as a pillow).  It also helps that he still gets a bottle before sleep and it knocks him right out!  It was also great because I seemed to have a much better attitude about my role in the ministry as "Mom".  I was able to have some great time in the Word, good naps, and fun with Benjamin.  We were in the same living "unit" as another couple with a 7 month old, and that made it a lot of fun!  Joel was also super husband/dad and made it back to hang out with us quite a bit.  The trip home was good...no more sleep and not quite as fast, but pretty good anyway!

We were home long enough to unpack, do laundry, and pack up again.  Next we were off to TX for a wedding and to visit family.  The trip down went well.  We arrived at our hotel, slept, and I helped with wedding hair.  Everyone looked beautiful.  I didn't think about humidity and it was an outdoor reception, so I was a little bummed with the longevity of my creations, but overall it went o.k.  At the reception Benjamin started to break down and share with us how sleep deprived and hot he was, so we took off south to my uncle Warren and Aunt Pat's.  It was so great seeing them, and getting to know them better.  They were great hosts, and Monday we headed out!  We broke the trip home into two trips.  Florence TX to Wichita KS, and then Tuesday we went from Wichita to Ames.  The trips home were the most relaxed and Benjamin actually slept the most.  We spent most of our time singing to Benjamin, researching non-fast food restaurants to eat, and listening to "Bringing up Boys" by Dobson.  

And now we're home!  Benjamin is walking like crazy, and so interested in talking.  He babbles constantly and watches most words you say to him and tries to get his lips and tongue to mimic them.  He's a little clingy to Mom, but never laughs harder than when Daddy is wrestling/tickling him.  

And last but not least...baby growing!  I'm 13 weeks now.  Zophran got me through week 7 - 12, and now I think i'm in the clear!.  I know it sounds crazy, but I think I can feel baby "fluttering".  I am not by any means feeling kicks, but I'm pretty sure I kow the difference between gas and baby, and I like thinking its baby.  Baby #2 is quite a bit different than #1.  Primarily because Benjamin is very great at distracting me from anything but him.  I've had a couple scary nights of bleeding, but baby is doing well, and I was just told to take it easy till 20 weeks.  I think I'm getting more energy, and as long as I don't smell any horrific smells, life is good.  

Well, I'll be sure to get pictures up of all the events listed above, once I find the camera.  Until then, happy living!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Aww Benjamin sounds adorable. It's fun to think of what Judah will be like at his age. So cute. And Praise God for Zofran, right? :) It kept me alive when I was pregnant!

Kristin said...

yay! You're finally home! Congrats on completing two very looong trips :) I had a great time with you all in CO! Hope to see you soon! oh..also, there is a picture of Hunter and Benjamin on my blog :) One of the only decent ones that I got!