Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ninite!

















I'm convinced  Benjamin is at his peak of "preciousness" when he's sleeping.  I'm too chicken to take a picture while he's actually slumbering but these are some pictures of our quieting down sessions.  He LOVES books and has gone down pretty well lately.

Benjamin is still taking two naps a day and when I limit it to just one, he lets me know he's tired the next day.  
Benjamin has seriously been so much fun.  We have our moments when we throw mini tantrums, when I doubt my mom decisions, and when things don't "click" as well as desired, but overall, he's continuing to be a pretty chill little guy.  The Church Nursery often asks me, "Is he always this laid back?  And usually, the answer is "YES!"  Some issues we're going to have to address in the coming months deal with mommy attachment.  He LOVES playing with his daddy, but when it comes to sleeping, rocking, or middle of the night cries, its usually only mom he wants.  I was flattered the first few times, and then not any more.  We mostly need to break the habit so mommy can go away, and also so Joel and I can get away and leave Benjamin with Papa and Nana!  Also I need to start weaning off the the bottle and move to sippy cups.  I love our bottle, pre-sleep, cuddle time, so that is going to be just as hard for me as it is for Benjamin!  

Sometimes in a hotel or at Nana and Papas he wakes up during the night, and when I run out of ways to get him back to sleep, I usually try to just take him to bed with me.  Unfortunately he thinks pillows are the greatest invention known to man, so it doesn't often work.  The other day Benjamin and I went to my parents and he woke up with a fever (teething I think) and after trying EVERYTHING, he actually let me bring him to bed with me.  He wanted to be very cuddly and lay, just so, so Mom's sleep was limited, but it was great none-the-less.  

Hoping you all have sweet dreams also!


1 comment:

Sheila said...

Just want you to know I read your blog and love it.