Friday, July 16, 2010

It's a ...


our beautiful little girl................................and a big yawn!







crossing her legs very lady like!





cute little feet!


...GIRL!

This morning we had our 20 week ultrasound.  As we drove to the Dr. Office, I said to Joel "We really should decide if we're going to find out the gender..."...Then as we sat in the waiting room, I said again "So we need to talk about the baby, and if we're finding out."  We sat down in the ultrasound techs room, and I said, "Oh no Joel! What are we going to do!"  

I knew if I left it up to Joel, we wouldn't find out, but I really didn't want to regret whatever decision we made (and it was technically my decision because he got the say with Benjamin).  My two biggest competing thoughts were "I want to be excited no matter what, and I dont want to take exciment away from D-Day, if I already know" and "I can't handle someone knowing something about my baby that I don't."  

Well, as we sat there in the room, she began the ultrasound, and I kept saying, "we don't know what we're going to do yet!"  "Joel, I don't want you to be super sad.  Will you be super sad if we find out?"  The Ultrasound tech assured me that I had a while before she would get to that area, so I didn't need to know for a while.  I don't remember most of the first half, because I was dwelling so heavily on what we were going to do.  Then suddenly Joel said..."I think I already know!", and the U.T., Jan,  smiled big, and Joel said "I think Jan, already knows too!"  And at that point it was decided...I either wanted to know, or not, not just guess! And now that Jan for sure knew, I couldn't handle being in the dark.  So "Miss Littler Lewicki" decided for us.  My little girl very clearly made herself known, and I am SO GLAD that I know!

The bleeding stopped around 19 weeks and it is a HUGE relief!  There doesn't seem to be any remaining pockets, so for now, things are GREAT!  Her heart beat was 142, and growth is just one day short of her due date.  (9 week ultrasound showed 2 days short of her due date.) I've been able to feel her move since 15 weeks, and this past week, has been CRAZY!  Today, she has wiggled NON STOP.  The ultrasound was no exception!  Between my bladder which wasn't quite full enough, and a very wiggly little girl, I think the tech's job was rather difficult!

We're praising God for the past 20 weeks, and continue to ask for prayer for the next 20!  

Love, the four of us :)





4 comments:

Kari said...

Oh I'm soo happy for you all, congrats! We sure love our little girl, I know you will too. I'm glad you found out and aren't disappointed. Time to go shopping!

Stephanie said...

Congrats! I am so glad that the bleeding has stopped, and that all is well with the sweet little girl! What a relief I'm sure for mom, and a time of rejoicing! We should have a coffee date sometime if you drink coffee! But I only have girls if the little guy wouldn't mind! Let me know!
Stephanie

Rachel said...

That's so wonderful!! I can't wait to see you with a girl. Since I already thought you posted you were having a girl a few weeks ago it doesn't feel like it's as much of a surprise he he. I better go tell Jared you are having a girl, again. ;)
Fun fun fun fun!

Kristin said...

yay!!!! A little girl!! Congrats! She will be the sweetest, cutest, most stylish little one I've ever seen :) So excited for you guys!