Saturday, April 2, 2011

4 + months

Baby #2 = forgetful mom!

Violet is now 4 months 1 week and 3 days.  For awhile i was using the excuse of a needy infant filling my time, but I'm coming to the realization that really I just don't make good use of my time.  I'm not sure that I plan to do anything to change it, its just a current reality! :)

Back to Violet...She's so great.  Really.  I look at her a lot and ask her if she knows what a pretty baby girl she is.  (You can only fill their head with such things for so long before you create a monster, and I think I'm still in the "safe zone". )  She has the best smile that uses her entire face.  Her eyebrows are super expressive, and I just love it!

We began to pass around a family cold over spring break, and Violet had it the longest.  She wasn't able to get rid of her mucus, and it was rough.  After sleeping through the night for appx 6 weeks she stopped when she was sick.  She woke herself up coughing and probably was hungry as I was doing LOTS of short feedings (the long ones always ended in throwing up!)  Two nights ago she slept through the night again, but last night was tough, waking up every hour or two. oh well!

Violet LOVES her toes, and her thumb.  She lays on her back with her feet in the air most the time, and chews her thumb, and sometimes her whole fist, more than she sucks it...silly girl.  She is a big fan of her brother, and could watch him play for quite some time...Especially when he pays attention to her!  She's babbling more and grabbing onto everything with a death grip.

I think Miss Violet Ann is getting teeth, but they may take their sweet time to appear.  Thankfully we found a pain killer for her that doesn't have the vomiting affect that Tylenol did.  I'm not ready for Violet to have teeth. Benjamin got them at her age, but I feel like its all down hill after teeth, and it will officially end her infant stage.  Not Acceptable!

She Loves her daddy, and is doing better when momma goes to work.  Violet still won't take a pacifier or bottle, so I never leave for too long, but now she's just a mommas girl for the purpose of nourishment and not for all her attention.  :)

Violet has no schedule to speak of.  I would comment on that, but I'll save my current thoughts for an entirely different blog!

So long for now!  Nap time came to a close early.








No comments: