Friday, April 29, 2011

Violet: 5 months and 1+week







I am so embarrassed how few pictures I've taken the last 2 months.  I MUST do better!

So much Fun!...other than nights that is!  Violet is loving life, and is overall a super happy little girl!  She loves her momma and looks for me when she hears my voice, but LOVES her daddy too, and laughs so hard for him.  Big Brother Benjamin is right there on the top of her list of favorite people, and its very nice when he will play with his trains, or run, or ANYTHING right in front of her, to keep her entertained!

Nights were starting to get better, and then earlier this week, she slept through the night 3 times in a row!  then she got a runny nose and had a bad night, followed by the worst night ever.  Tonights she's been sleeping for an hour and a half already, so there we're guaranteed to be better off than last night!  YAY (I should be sleeping now, and will most definitely regret my decision!)  We go to Minnesota next week, and then CO for a week, so I'm not getting too worked up about a schedule or habit.  My goal is just to be able to go 2+ hrs between feedings...the rest is optional!

Violet is SO aware of everything around her, and wants to grab it all!  She's quick and has a death grip, and I'm not used to this new found talent of hers, so I have spilled frequently the last two weeks.  She can roll over both ways, but I've only witnessed tummy to back, and seen the results of back to tummy.  She scoots around in a circle quite well (on her tummy) and I'm afraid she's going to be a fast crawler.  Hopefully not!

My least favorite thing about our current stage, even more than the lack of sleep, is experimenting with her vocal chords.  I can cure the sleep problem with coffee, but her ear piercing screams, happy or sad, are maddening... especially when Benjamin copies!

Well off the top of my head, thats all the interesting facts for the month.  I'll be surprised if we don't have teeth by 6 months (Part of me wants them to wait so I keep my baby, and part of me wants them to hurry up so I don't have a slobbery, sad little girl!)  I love watching her personality pop out more and more, and also have so much joy, watching Benjamin love her more and more!

Its going to be a great summer!


No comments: