Wednesday, July 13, 2011

BaBaBaBa

Joel and I took the kids to Walmart and Target tonight in search of another sound machine, and light blocking curtains.  Violet had her first non-vowel sounding words...Ba Ba Ba (she doesn't take a bottle, so it was purely gibberish!)  It was repeated by her older Brother, and went back and forth many times, interrupted only by giggles.  :)

Violet is doing great putting more spacing between feedings and is also being more adventurous with baby food. Our sleep domination, well, hasn't been dominated.  She has, however, established a "norm" (a three day trend) of sleeping 10-30 minutes in the morning, and 2-4 hrs in the afternoon.  Evenings are still random.  So I repeat, sleep has yet to be dominated.

We're sitting up, rolling EVERYWHERE, and "crawling" forward and backward.  It doesn't look like typical crawling, but I can't say I've seen it enough to describe it.  Last week she moved but only went backwards to the wall, and this wee she is purposeful about her goal, and somehow gets there!

Violet is incredibly ticklish.  It makes my heart happy.  She loves eye contact and being held but is doing pretty well playing by herself, now that she is mobile.  She still likes to be wrapped a lot, but I have "cut back", just because I've needed to get things done.  She also likes Benjamin's toys... a lot!

Wish me luck as I go for day 4 of our fantastic afternoon naps!
Here's some baby rolls for you viewing pleasure:


1 comment:

call me Laura said...

At the Kibbe household we are all addicted to the simply noise app, or website. It plays three different "white" noises, and you can choose to osolate the noise so it sounds like a fan. One MP3 player for the baby's room, a burned cd of it for the kids room, and Rob plays it off of his phone at night for us! I love it!