Friday, September 23, 2011

10 months

This is our ONLY picture so far in September...I can't believe it!  I guess we have a couple on our phones, but I don't know how to transfer them.  Anyway, here's the cutie patooty at my friend Abby's wedding.  Look Closely...There are many of my dear friends skills and characteristics that I would excitedly wish upon Violet, but this isn't one of them! :)  We caught Violet yellow handed!

Oh Violet.  It's been a big month!  Lets just start off with the best of news....Violet has slept through the night 5 nights in a row.  :)  It's been facebook, text, and phone call news so I'm sure you all knew that, but why not say it again!  It took one night of an hour of tears, and a couple other bursts of 5ish minute episodes, but all in all, its been a breeze!  I know "cry it out" method proves to be controversial, but the fact that she has cried less in the last 4 or 5 nights, than in the three nights before, leaves me regret-less!

The other side of the story concerns naps...She doesn't want to take them.  At least not more than 1.  Today I decided to get serious and take the same attack as we did with her nights...but she's obviously teething, so we'll have to wait for another day.  One where she is not chewing on EVERYTHING!

She is scooting along all furniture, and has started standing, resting no weight on the furniture, but not being able to part from it.  She'll keep her hand in mine, or on the couch even though she doesn't need it, but the moment I try to make her free stand, she panics!

Her and Benjamin are Amazing in the mornings.  They play together so stink'n well.  Sometimes Benjamin gets frustrated when Violet destroys his "circle" (His Train Tracks), but then we talk about how we can build it again when Violet goes down for her nap, and he happily shares for at least another 20 minutes.  (at least this paragraph has been true the last 3 days...:)

She Loves Baby food, but isn't a fan of peaches, and really just wants grains...granola, rice, oatmeal, etc...She loves crackers and Veggie Straws, and is selective about veggies.  if she's hungry they are not a problem!

We are waiting to schedule an apt with Dr. Ferguson at Blanks Childrens Hospital in Des Moines for her feet.  We got a recommendation from our peds dr. after the first doctor failed to impress me.   I've found I don't do well with new Dr's.  I am familiar enough with insecurity that I can smell it a mile away, and when you cost that much, and have a say in my, or my child's health, I'd like you to know your stuff!

Anyway...Violet's personality is unfolding more and more everyday.  She LOVES to be tickled, LOVES to play with her older brother, Hates to be alone, and Hates to be told "no".  Her pouty lip after being scolded is enormous!  We love our little giggle box (even when she's oh so loud, or when she's not fully cooperating with sleep.)  Hopefully her negligent momma will take some pictures of her adorable self this next month!

No comments: