Thursday, September 29, 2011

loving life



My mom frequently referred to the "glory days" when my two sisters and I were little, and life was great!.  I was always a little bit bummed that my current state wasn't her favorite...but I think I get it now.  I know I make Violets sleep seem like a big deal/problem, and there are occasions I mourn the loss of a carefree, child free life...but only because I like to talk, and I have a horrible habit of complaining more than being thankful.  Because as reality has it, that I totally get it now, mom.  I don't think life could get better than it currently is.  Yes we could have more money, Joel could be home for supper more, there a million and one "life circumstances" that I would change if I had the power...but the happiness that these two give me day in and day out, is more than I ever knew possible
















Benjamin divided his cereal up so that he could share some with me.  Then I left the room and somehow  his pile which had dwindled down to nothing, grew substantially at the cost of mine!



I cut the mullet off.  It wasn't my best work of art!

This picture doesn't show how bad it is...It looks fine when its wet, but once it dries its quite unfortunate!

No comments: