Sunday, December 4, 2011

Momma moon! Benin touch it?!


And this is why we love him...

  • After being denied 1 more M&M, Benjamin's following questions, with increasingly bigger smiles..2 More?  5 More? :)
  • Tonight he sat and read to himself for quite a long time while Joel helped me work on some stuff, and suddenly I stopped to figuring out why there was spit flying, and I saw Benjamin reading the story of Jonah and he had stopped on the page where the whale spit Jonah on dry land...:)
  • Sometimes after knocking Violet down and sometimes just randomly he will shout across the room, in a nervous giggle type fashion, "Oh sorry Violet, I hurt you Violet!"
  • This morning I woke Violet up from her nap and she had been dressed and ready to go to church...his response to her skirt..."Oh momma, Violet a princess!  Twirl Violet Twirl!"
  • One of my favorite things to hear from the kitchen, as they play in the living room..."Oh Sweetheart!  Love you! Love you Sweetheart!"
  • Our usual conversation on the way to the bathroom, when Violet is kept in the living room by the gate..."Momma!  Violet cry? Violet sad!"  He's always worried she's going to be sad that she isn't coming.
  • "Momma, Moon!  Benin touch it?  Bnin Fly in sky? Benin fly in sky and touch it?  Daddy fly with Benin?"...A usual conversation when Benjamin sees the moon.
  • So I don't think we eat out that much, and we do like the cheapness of mc donalds, but I would say we maybe go there once a month...Sometimes twice, but Benjamin is in love.  When he sees the arches..."Donalds! Benjamin cheesehamburger?!?! Benjamin loves Donalds! Donalds dark..." (he thinks we go there in the dark...and sometimes when it gets dark out and leave the curtains open, he yells "dark! Donalds!"  I can't figure it out!
  • After shopping for the kids winter coats and boots for months...on this first morning of snow he exclaimed "Momma! Benin jump in boots!  Benin jump in snow! Momma?  And in 15 minutes, this momma bought him boots on line, so that the next snow, he could go jump.   It was the first time I realized I was wrapped around his little finger.
I think I could keep going...but I'm pretty tired.  Gotta get my rest for this little ball of energy. :)

1 comment:

Ellen H. said...

Too cute! The moon comment and the twirl princess are my faves! :-D Kids say the darndest things! ;-)