Thursday, December 15, 2011

no pictures...don't get excited

Hey...i can't remember when i last took a picture, and there is no big event that I'm wishing to write about...Sometimes I just panic that if I don't get my thoughts down, I'll forget about life as I currently no it (and as my history shows, this is a probably scenario) so pardon my sporadic thoughts.

Violet took a leap in her cuteness factor this week...specifically today.  Every time I looked at her, I just stopped and wished I had a camera handy, because she was so stink'n cute.  (Her new shoes didn't help!)  She's playing silly little games, and pushing her chin down on her chest laughing at herself.  She loves when I hold her and run from the car to wherever our destination is, and also loves when I hold her and dance.  She has started reading to herself, and points with her little index finger, quite expressively, just like her momma does when I read to her.    Violet is running everywhere...but that might change soon.  We just had our check up with the doctor at Blank Childrens Hospital, and Violet's feet haven't improved.  It looks like we will begin a series of casting mid January.  I have such mixed emotions.  I'm so happy they can correct it, my stomach hurts thinking of her in these little casts.  :(  I opted not to let them get started last week.  The idea of lots of people sleeping in the same place for the holidays with a newly casted 1 yr old...frightened me.   so we will wait!

I'm going to make a leap in this post, and go with the word handsome for my little man.  Don't get me wrong, he's still super cute, but he has a couple sweaters that make him look 10 years older...its frightening...the other day he was sprawled out on my bed, and he looked like he took up the whole thing...and its KING SIZE!  He's getting kinda skinny, and once in awhile I feel like I'm looking at his cousin Jonah...partly because when Jonah lived in Ames, he was Benjamin's age...partly because they both are handsome and kinda tall.  His new word is "sure".  I think that makes him seem older too.  His verbal skills haven't every been super advanced, but this last two weeks he's picking up phrases that are hilarious....

  • "Mom, Benin No like Frosty...Benin want a different DDDD  (DVD - gets a little jumbled), Benjin wants a Rudolf udder one."
  • Benjamin, who was the baby born at Christmas?  Nemo?  No, what was the name of the Baby in the manger?  Sheep 12356...6 sheep and the baby?  Yes, Benjamin there were sheep, but what was the name of the baby.  who's birthday is on christmas day?  oh...Baby Videt?  No...Mary's baby.  His name was Jesus!  Oh Nemo and Baby Jesus, and Light Queen says kchow... (I kept repeating the story, and the third time that day, he finally got it right!...We'll see how he does in the morning!)
  • Momma, Videt hold you?!?! (when he wants me to hold Violet because she's getting in his toys)
  • his new thing is to say yucky and make gagging noises when violet has a stinky diaper...he must have seen momma do it...!
The End...I just got super tired...:)

No comments: