Thursday, April 19, 2012

Memory File

So many moments this week that I have just stared at the kids trying to soak in every ounce of the moment - convinced that life will probably never get better than that very second, and that because of the incredible beauty of the moment, life can go down hill from now on, and I will be o.k.

This is one thing that has happened countless times this week  Another thing that has happened countless times this week is the second where I stop to remember the glorious memory that I thought I felt, but then cannot recollect it - at all.  (This paragraph could probably be an entire post or an entire series of posts about memory, brain trauma, word confusion, stress and fatigue...but I will leave you hanging on all those riveting topics, and return to my point...my littles...)

Although I have a full to-do list and plans to sort clothes, take pictures, posts to craigs-list, and gather boxes for Good Will, oh and eat a bowl of caramel peanut chocolate chip ice cream, all before 10, I will take just a moment to see if my typing fingers can stir any memories from this week - not the ones of the whining little giant, and strong willed princess, but the ones that made me sit and think..."wow, they're really mine...!"


  • Four babies before bed, two on each leg...mister lion and Benin on one side, and Violet and baby on the other, as I rock in the glider, in the dark, singing Sandy Patty's Sunday School sing along.  Benjamin trying as hard as he can to sing along with me, and Violet just waiting for the pauses so she can chime in "Amen" and shrug her shoulders "Where?"...Its happened for a couple weeks now, and i hope it never ends!
  • Benjamin's conversation while playing, "Oh Hi!, Oh Hi, What? A Puppy?  White? A White Puppy? Oh no! I Don't know! No, no white puppy here" Oh yes, come in!"...At which time the man "walks" over to the pretend house and then proceeds to walk all over Benjamin's body, flies through the air, and lands on a motorcycle, and then gets thrown off the motor cycle, and the horse jumps on it...It went on like this for quite some time :)
  • Benjamin to Violet "Videt, you say sorry?  Videt you say sorry and Benin say, OK!" Videt, say Sorry! Videt you hear me?  You hear Benin?" :)   OR   Violet: "No!"  Benjamin: "Videt,  you say no thank you!  you say it Videt?  You say no thank you?  Videt so shweet...  Videt say it...Videt?  Say No Thank you...MOMMA! MOMMA Videt say NO!." :)
  • "Momma, Bottom not working!" while unsuccessfully using the bathroom pre-bed time :)
  • "Momma, Benin is sad in bedroom.  Not, sleep for while! just play momma."  , "Benjamin you need to go to bed, and if Violet is sad, you will just have to be a big boy and sing to her, but you need to go to bed now, cause momma wants to go to bed too!" , "Ok, momma, Benin not scared anymore, not afraid!"
  • The way Violet forms her little mouth (and nose) when she says words like, Oh, nose, Drew, Shoe, No, etc :)

This is an incredibly poor representation of my week - partly because I am choosing to leave out the parts where Violet and I had countless stand offs of her standing in her crib refusing to obey, or Benjamin's whiny tone that gets stuck on repeat...but also because there is no way I can duplicate on paper the moments that I tried to recollect.  My only hope is that when I read them later, It takes me back to the picture of Benjamin playing with train tracks that run around the base of bed and in and out of the bathroom, and Big Brother getting up in sweet Violets face trying to teach her how to be polite...:)  the rest of you will just have to image...
Good night!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I love you so much.