Thursday, February 19, 2015

Good Morning Sad Night / Toe Woes



Good Morning!  So...When I went to bed last night, as I have the last few nights, I think to myself "I wonder if I should have packed a hospital bag, like the WTE e-mails keep telling me".  1/2 of me is planning on going into labor at anytime.  I'm contracting tons, on and off Diarrhea, loss of my plug, and the signs keep on going and going. (you're welcome for the TMI)  And then there is the other 1/2 of me, who is fully aware that ALL my symptoms of labor being near could stay exactly as they are for 6 more weeks...

But I constantly think about it none-the-less and when I was awoken with unbearable pain this morning at 2:30AM I was in shock that the pain was coming from my toe, of all places.  It wasn't my sciatica nerve, not my abdomen, not my silly nose that has been sneezing worthless sneezes for days...It was my fourth toe.  The one that I stubbed on Tuesday when I turned around in our "pinch point" between the kitchen counter and dining room table.  It was THROBBING.  A battle wound of pregnancy and a tummy too big to see where my feet are.  In fact I'm writing right now (4:38AM) because PanAway was about as effective as pouring water over it would have been, and my tylenol hasn't kicked in yet.  I kept thinking I would just sleep it off, but the pain is too intense.  It actually gave me great perspective on my contractions.  If I can't get my contractions to stop, I just go to sleep...Well they have obviously been sissy contractions because sleep always comes within minutes when my contractions are bothering me.  But not this pain.  This pain is INTENSE!  I think I broke my toe.  I'm quite angry about it.  I have the car today and want to run a lot of errands, but that seems quite difficult if I cant walk. Stupid Toe.

In other news, I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow!  I think.  (Dont judge me for not remembering. It's before 5AM.)  I decided yesterday that I'm selling our basic pack n play and finding one with a bassinet, as well as upgrading our basic monitor for a video monitor.  Our tax refund was a little more than other years, and I think I have time to find some good craigs list deals on both items.  Im still figuring out details of insurance covering a car seat and breast pump, but a friend has offered her car seat should baby come before the other seat materializes and my boobs aren't going anywhere should the breast pump be delayed.  I lost a little weight again the last couple days but I think that its water weight (I suddenly went from easily drinking 6-10 glasses of water, to barely finishing 4 or 5). My doctors haven't been too worried about it, and it hasn't stopped this baby from growing! EX:


My food cravings are consistent:  Granola, Cascadian Farm sweet and salty granola bars, Toast and OE eggs in the morning, Veggie Pizza anytime, Cashew Lara Bars (homemade Cashew balls are even better), and delicious food that someone else has cooked. :)

Well, I'm sure there's more in life to talk about, but my tylenol kicked in, and I have about 2 more hours of sleep to get before B and V are allowed out of their rooms! (I love digital clocks and the 7 AM rule!)
Good Morning and Good Night!




No comments: