Thursday, January 15, 2009

accountability blog

For years productivity wasn't a challenge at all...My mom's forced cleaning lists, teachers setting due dates, employers expectations, etc. Now, no one's my boss. For the first time EVER, I am the initiator, the goal setter, the cheerleader, the doer, the finisher, and sometimes the congratulatory party. That's a lot of roles.

So, this is my accountability blog. Part of my motivation in the past has been others and my people pleasing personality. Joel is great about patting me on the back for a job well done, and appreciating something as simple as, hanging up his sweat shirts so he can see them. He is also good at not criticizing too much should I not get much done during the day. "You were busy growing a baby," he says. But you and I both know, its much to easy to get lost in "What not to Wear", or take an hour nap, when only 1/2 hr was needed. So this is the blog whereI share my "pre-baby" goals. I'm hoping that writing them down and having others see them starts a fire under my pants. Hopefully the fear of you asking how the goals are going, or you coming over to my house and seeing it not done, is embarrassment enough to take my lists off paper, and get thm done! Here we go!

  • Office boxed up and moved downstairs
  • Organize games etc in the family room
  • Re-arrange furniture in the family room
  • Paint baby room
  • Get my dresser from my sister, strip it and re-paint
  • Start 2 week menu, and 2 week grocery list
  • Make simple cleaning schedule. Floors weekly, Bathrooms weekly, Dust monthly, Fridge monthly, Closet bi-weekly, Counters weekly, etc
  • to be continued
So there is the preliminary list. there seemed to be much more going on in my head, so I'm sure to add to it later. I guess its almost 9 and I should go get busy! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'll email you a check-off list that I made for cleaning. And make sure to prioritize your to-do list. That helps things to get done sooner.

Emily said...

Um...that post said you posted it at like 6 am...I think you are doing pretty good! Haha, I definitely am not up that early!!