Saturday, February 28, 2009

Let the Nesting Begin!


My mother will applause in agreement that I am not a clean person. This has improved slightly having my own house, I would argue that I have come a long way since living at home. However, I still have a long way to go. I am 90% improved at cleaning up my own messes, but am not yet to the point of not letting it get that way in the first place.

So, call it motherly nesting, or say it is due to the fact that I am finally home with ample time to get things done, but let the cleaning begin! My laundry is no longer piled up at the end of the week. I have two clean showers! My fridge is clean more often than not. I've wiped down all my cupboards, and "general pick-up" only takes minutes vs hrs.

All of you who are laughing at me and shaking your heads with cynicism can take a hike. I know that this task will not be as manageable when lil'lewicki arrives. I'm aware of the fact that projects will take double the time, and that somedays "alive" will be the goal, vs "clean". But do not discourage me. For the first time, and possibly a limited time I have high hopes about my future as mom and cleansly house keeper. My sister does it, my mother was queen of it, and I'm hoping that the days where tornadoes enter my house are over, and instead I keep cleaning up dust storms.

With that said, on to the nesting! The baby room has been started! Joel was a great dad last night and helped get all the jobs done, that I shouldn't tackle alone. (partly because I'm pregnant, and partly because I would do a horrible job) Here are some pictures of lil'lewicki's room in progress. We're just waiting on a possible book shelf or storage unit, weather suitable to stain and paint the dresser, and a rocker. 9 more weeks!



6 comments:

Charity said...

The nursery looks great, Tori! :-)
--Charity

Jessica said...

I can't wait to see your room!!!! We'll for sure be there on Tuesday!

Aaron and Nichole said...

Tori
How adorable! Did you do the artwork or is it a part of the bedding set? I love the pattern and colors....great job. By the way...I love reading your blog...your hilarious!

kkvernen said...

It looks great so far!! So cute!!! Way to go!

Chelsea said...

Tori - The room looks great! You are so creative! I hope ours looks half as cute when we are finished :) I just painted two coats in their today, but it will need one more coat I think, and then I'm going to do some ragging on top with a lighter color green, so I'm excited for that to get finished and we can set up the crib and make it look like a nursery! Keep up the good work dear, but don't work or clean too hard! :)
love love
Chelsea

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

:) you go girl! nursery looks wonderful!