Monday, March 9, 2009

7 1/2 weeks to go!

As I type I'm watching lil'Lewicki insist that some limb be about an inch outside of the oversized home my stomach is making. My stomach is so ridiculously large. Joel and I just stared at it and laughed last night. Pregnancy is incredibly fun right now. This baby is so big. Even though I'm not good at naming limbs, I know they are there and pretty strong. I like to show off Jr's strength to people, but lil'Lewicki gets a little shy when others approach.

I took about a month off from being hungry all the time. I'm back, and better than ever now. Baby is growing about a 1/2 lb a week, and I'm having trouble keeping up. I no longer crave certain foods, I just really want them all. Body recovery in time for Auburn's wedding is looking less and less likely. Oh well, i guess!

The baby room is well on its way. I found brown sheets at sheetworld.com. I get pretty scared ordering things from new places on line. They should come at the end of the week, so we'll see if I regret my insistence on solid brown sheets! There are very few things that I/the baby "needs" yet. We were so blessed at the showers, and I've had fun shopping for other wants and needs. I'm still looking for brown storage boxes. I may just have to spend the $7 a box and get less of them for now. I'm just convinced that they should be $5, but the ones at that price are different colored or wicker...I'm being picky, and stubborn but I'm convinced I will find them.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of a second nephew on my side of the family. Tara is ready to go any day now, and I cant wait! Jonah and Audrey are also excited for their baby brother. Audrey doesn't have much of a clue whats really about to happen, but Jonah was asking me all about my baby last week, assuring me that "his baby" wasn't done growing yet. With a Vos baby, Lewicki baby, and Auburn and Colin getting married I feel like my mom's christmas letter is going to be book-sized, at minimum, next year, and we aren't even 1/2 way through the year!

On the Lewicki side of the family we'll have three new babies added to the mix in a year also. I can't believe how fast Lora's baby is growing. Its incredible. Tommy is such a good big brother and loves watching Henry when mom or grandma leave the room. My baby will be 6 months younger and then Anna will bring an addition to the family 6 months after that! Babies Babies Babies!

Joel leaves Saturday for Florida. He's taking a group of college students for a week long missions project. I'm not too worried about him leaving. As ready as I am to put my baby in the baby room, I dont think 7 weeks early will or should happen. He's been such a big help with stuff around the house, and we've had a ton of fun lately, so I might get lonely, but between painting projects and the new Vos baby, I'm not planning on having too much free time.

Well, I hope you are all having an incredible spring. The weather has been the same as every other year I can remember. Nasty winter, spring teaser, reminder of winter's awfullness and hopefully soon to be followed with the real deal. (I've put away my turtle necks and only dress in springish clothes now) Happy March!




3 comments:

Charity said...

I'm glad that you are enjoying your pregnancy and feeling good!
Isn't it so fun (and a little scary) watching your belly grow and stretch so much?!
--Charity

me said...

sometimes I'm worried the baby is going to pop out of my belly button!

Anna said...

Nice job on the math between our babies! I hadn't attempted to compute it yet.