Thursday, June 24, 2010

Littler Lewicki

The baby has been named!  Last week "Littler Lewicki" (as his father recently named her) had a 16 week check up.  I have been feeling movement lately so I wasn't as anxious about hearing the heart beat.  It was still so beautiful to hear those 155 beats per minute.  Heart beat was strong and the baby's growth was healthy! 

 I was a little surprised with my black and white way of understanding things.  I thought that either things would be hunky dory with no worries, or not.  Instead, we were VERY encouraged  by the baby's heart rate and growth, BUT got a bit of a reality check from my Dr.  She was also encouraged with "littler", but gave some reality about the future.  Things could be fine for the next 5 months, but I'm still bleeding and thats not great.  Her main point was we want to get to 24 weeks before we are somewhat "out of the woods".  Essentially if anything would happen or change right now, there is little they can do for the baby.  After 24 weeks, they have many more options.  

We are continually reminded to trust God for the future of our family and our baby, and appreciate the wisdom He's given dr.'s.  Thanks for your prayers and we are so thankfully for the 17 weeks He's given "littler" so far!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Praying for you guys and littler lewicki! love the name :) I have been amazed as I have read and seen how God has been growing you in this season of unknown. Keep trusting :)

Jessica said...

Dude! You need to call us with info like this. You're having a girl!?! That's so exciting. We will pray that you will at least make it to 24 weeks but will hope for 36.

lindsey said...

benjamin's getting a sister!! :) yay!