Monday, June 7, 2010

Philippians 4

This weekend I decided that if I was still bleeding on Monday, I would call the dr. and insist on an apt to hear my babies heart beat, ask some clarifying questions, and hopefully find some peace of mind.  Sunday night I was helping Joel go over some memory verses and I think it was because God knew I needed to hear ...

Philippians 4:6-7 (English Standard Version)6 do not be anxious about anything,but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

So I woke up this (Monday) morning and contemplated whether I was supposed to just pray about it, or go ahead and call, and I realized that God never instructs us to not ask questions or not go to the Dr...So I called...Thank goodness I did!  My Dr. isn't in on Mondays and so I spoke to a Dr. Bannett's(sp) nurse.  She was AMAZING.  I heard very little new information, but understood everything so much better!  The bleeding that I am currently having is still the sub chorionic bleeding that started at 9 weeks.  In short, the bad news: the bleeding could last the whole pregnancy.  The Fabulous news: it doesn't matter how long it lasts, or how much blood is lost...If it is dark in color, its old blood and DOESNT EVER CARRY ANY RISKS to me or the baby.  The uncomfortableness I feel is unrelated and means I am dehydrated and not drinking enough water.  She assured me that half to 3/4 a day of work once a day, is NOT too much.  That I should relax when ever my body tells me I need it, but feel free to be on my feet whenever I feel good.  Dark bleeding is unrelated to being on my feet.


So I'm not going in to hear the heart beat today.  I feel a great amount of peace and can wait until Friday 18th.  In super short: I wont worry or feel the need to call unless I start cramping or see bright red.  


God was just as good last week, as he is now that I feel calm, but I do praise Him for giving me a glimpse of whats going on, and reminding me that He is in control, regardless of my emotions.  
thanks for your thoughts and prayers...

3 comments:

Charity said...

I am so glad that you were able to get some answers and feel much more at peace about your precious little one!
Those verses in Phil. 4 are always such a comfort to me and a great reminder.
Praying for you!

lindsey said...

Praise God! He is so good! :)

Grant and Jodie said...

what would we do with the Lord and His word?? so awesome that you and baby are doing great, i'll cont to pray for bleeding to STOP.