Tuesday, December 7, 2010

momma 2.0

I have kidS...plural.  It still sounds funny.  I heard Joel tell someone on the phone, "Tori and the kids...", and I just started laughing.  Seriously.  Can you believe they let me out of the hospital with not one, but TWO people to be responsible for...They should probably amp up their security.

My goal of this post was to talk about - How its going as a Mother of Two, and - How I like the last two weeks of life. So here I go...

Well, I love it.  So far so good.  I'm kind of an emotional basket case about 1 out of 3 days.  I'll be doing great, and then BAM!  I cry at the drop of a hat for a whole day, and then back to being o.k.  Its kind of annoying.

I'm also having a little bit of a mourning process, missing time with Benjamin.  The combination of Benjamin working through jealousy of the baby, especially during nursing time, and me dealing with jealousy of Daddy getting to do a lot of the things that I've always done is hard to handle.  I knew it would be, but that doesn't make it easy!

Violet is great!  She has changed SO MUCH in such a short time!  We have her 2 week apt tomorrow, and i can't wait to see her stats.  She is still just barely fitting in NB size clothing, and N diapers have room to spare, but she is getting fuller in her face, a little pot belly, and even her legs look like they've filled out.  She sleeps a ridiculous amt still, but she's showing us her beautiful eyes more and more.  (I think they are going to be blue)

Nursing is still going great.  I can't say its easy yet, but I'm really thankful for the success we have had.  After 10 days or so, I was ready to celebrate a lack of pain while nursing...then day 12 came, and I put away my party hat.  Its hit or miss...partly dependent on how often she is nursing, and partly dependent on who picky I am about the latch.  We'll keep practicing!

Well, there's much more to write, but she thinks she needs to eat, So I gotta jet!  A mother's work is never done, right?!

No comments: