Tuesday, January 18, 2011

like her momma...

Oh Violet!  I never knew how scary it was to see yourself duplicated...I'm starting to learn!  Violet loves snuggling, she loves being held, she loves eating, and she LOVES attention...She is her mothers daughter. :)

I have loved Violet for the last 8 weeks and 7 hrs, but I just recently feel like I actually "know" her and am therefore now completely smitten!  She is starting to smile, she is super attentive with her eyes, and those cheeks are ridiculously kissable!

She's 8 weeks today and it has been an incredible whirlwind. Violet loves nursing (she's just under 11 lbs) and doesn't show any signs of slowing down.  Sometimes she fakes me out and convinces me to start nursing, but really just wants to hang out.  She isn't the most scheduled eater yet, but she eats about every 2 hrs, and is down from 50 min sessions to 15 - 25ish.  She would love to eat more but her little tummy can't handle it.  Over eating/not getting her burps out - unfortunately end in lots of spit up.  Even more unpredictable than her stomach is her sleep.  Her fussy time is an hour or two in the evening between 8:30 and 11:00.  Lately it seems that we have our late night snack 10:30 or 11.  Although she likes to nurse that last time in bed with me and then sleep there the rest of the night, the last 2 weeks, she's been a big girl and done great in her bassinet. She sleeps for 4 - 5 hrs, then we have another snack, and sleep for 2-3 more hrs.  She goes back to sleep for a couple hrs, but by then end of our early morning snack, its after 7, Benjamin's awake, and the day begins!

I forgot how hard it is to go places with a newborn.  When Benjamin was a nursing newborn Joel and I were beginning to work with the Navigators.  We were with each other a lot, and all of life was able to slow down and wait for Benjamin.  However Violet isn't getting that advantage and neither is momma.  Timing errands, or even the getting ready between Violets hunger, burping demands, diapers, not to mention her brother, is a learning process that seems to be coming along nicely...slow, but nice. :)

Well, its about 8:30, and Violet seems to think I'm ignoring her...heaven forbid!

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

She is just so adorable! Having a newborn is such a special time - but really hard too! Here's to a good night sleep for all of you! :)

Sanguine Cole said...

Agree with Ruthie, newborns are great but tough! Timing stuff is insane! I have to say things felt so much easier once he started to smile though. Can't imagine having two or more, I feel like I can't get anything done with one! Sounds like you guys are doing pretty good though! Your kids are so cute!
~Nicole

Malaika M said...

Awwww she's such a cutie (and starting to look more and more like her brother!). Let me know if you EVER need help with getting things done around the house, around town, or just need time to dip out of the house quick :)