Thursday, January 27, 2011

Whats for dinner Honey? cont'

I'm so very proud of myself...Wait, I think that might be a sin...How about...I'm so very excited for the success that we have had in the Lewicki menu saga.  I think that is allowable!

Well its been about two weeks and I'm not only smelling victory, I think I'm tasting it.  I haven't been stressing about what to have for dinner.  We've had variety and we haven't minded eating leftovers for lunch.  I feel as though we may have even been more nutritious than before, and that wasn't even the specific goal!  Its so infrequent that I have ideas that I actually follow through on, so this is such a huge step in so many ways.

We have had:

  • lasagna
  • talapia
  • homemade pizza
  • tacos
  • chicken salad
  • BBQ pork
  • chili
  • chili dogs
  • sloppy joes
  • cheddar potato soup
  • grilled cheese and tomato soup
That's all I can remember, but its been great.  Benjamin is still a fantastic little eater, and Joel has been fantastic at going along for ride of meal experimentation with me. One more week, and I think we can call this a new way of life! 

P.S. Benjamin will pretty much eat anything.  If he doesn't eat it out of desire, he does pretty good obeying when daddy says he has to chew it.  But this crazy little boy got excited for his carrots and blueberries today because his dad put taco sauce on them.  YUCK!  Usually we dip everything in ketchup but if it has a kick he gets even more excited!  I have to look away so I don't get sick watching...

No comments: