Saturday, June 25, 2011

Violet: Project SLEEP

Just a quick update on Violets sleeping, eating ect....
SUMMARY: UP and DOWN!

Violet is teething (I can feel the one on her bottom left!) and somehow I got it in my head that her mouth hurts, and it makes me want to hold her.  So I do.  So I've nursed her to sleep a couple more times than I was planning the last 3 days, but she has gone to sleep on her own, the majority of time.  She isn't nursing great (seemingly uninterested), but when I go to hold her she tries to eat my chin off.  I think my supply is o.k., so I don't really know whats up with that.  She also has started to know that the sound machine combined with my singing to her, means she has to go to sleep, and she grips on to my shirt SUPER tight.  It breaks my heart.  Yesterday and Today, she only took short naps for some reason, unless I was holding her.  Then she would sleep until I went to lay her down.  It's as if she's going backwards on this sleep training project.  (I think that she actually is just a lot smarter than I give her credit for!)  Tonight, I fed her(unsuccessfully) she cried for a while, I got her up to console her and feed her, then while she was still wide awake, I laid her down.  She let out ONE peep, and was out!  So, hopefully she learns to just eat good the first time, so we don't have to go through such an emotional process.

All in all, I think things are going well.  When she's dry, fed and well rested she's happier than a week ago. We're seeing success, but just not quite done establishing our "norm".  Maybe by Wednesday...

1 comment:

RJ, Tessa, & Emma Van Dyke said...

I remember shortly after we went through Emma's "sleep training" she a had a bit of a relapse after she really figured out what it all meant. But it didn't last more than a few days and she got right back into it. It seems like every once in a while she hits a rough patch just to remind us that she's not thrilled with it. But all around, I'm SO happy we did it and 85% of the time we're pretty darn successful:)