Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Violet's 7 months!

sitting up!



This little peanut is 7 months! (well two days short)  
Well, all I can say is that this little girl is getting much too old WAY too fast.  And she has a smile that is making it very hard do anything but hold her!

Everyone comments on what a happy baby Violet is and yes, she is very happy...when you're holding her, or looking at her.  In fact she's almost ALWAYS happy when you're doing one of those two things.  However, she is seldom happy for very long when you aren't.
She also won't take a pacifier.
She also likes to(has always been) nurse to sleep.

The facts above aren't in and of themselves a problem, but I'm of the persuasion that they (primarily the nursing to sleep factor) have created short - 15-45 min - or no naps.  This is a problem.

So for the sake of her happiness, the sake of her quality of life, and the sake of my claustrophobia this week begins her schedule.  So far so good.  Last week I was going to see if I could get Violet to sleep without nursing her their, and she got so upset she puked.  Today, I was much more planned out, I talked it out with Joel, and we are 2 for 2 in our attempts. I pat her little back and sing, "I'm a little bunny and my momma loves me" and away we go!

She also has started puffs, cereal, bananas, and applesauce.  In an effort to get her to go 3 hours between feedings, I'm supplementing these other snacks in the middle (thats right, she's 7 months and 3 hrs is a STRETCH!)

She LOVES Benjamin, and watching him, and when he plays with her.  
She's super ticklish, and giggly!

She sits up on her own (with many falls!) and LOVES to be wrapped.  She's not a fan of the car seat.  
I feel like I've failed in reading books to her.  I'm hoping to make up for lost time!

Well, thats all!  Happy June!

sleeping in our closet!



No comments: