Thursday, January 26, 2012

33 Months

Oh Benjamin!
I've said that Benjamin will always be my baby, but truth be told, he is SUCH a little boy!  The activity that he needs, the ways that he describes things, his love for wrestling with daddy, and methodical way of thinking through things...the way he talks about eating poo...need I say more?
I don't know if I can't say what his favorite, anything, is.  He is truly his father's offspring and has MANY interests...He's super good at puzzles.  I know that sounds pretty boastful, but deal with it...its my blog :)  Being pretty good at them, has shed some light on a personality struggle of dealing with the frustration of not being able to get it to work...there comes a point in almost every puzzle where he's worked on a piece long enough and can't figure out where it goes, and often he lets out this grunt/cry and thrashes his hand across the table in frustration...we're working on it!

He LOVES trains.  He would play with them almost all day, if his mom weren't so crazy.  I have recently tried to scatter his toys and put some of them away for a day or two, so they hold his attention a little better, when I bring them out again.  So far its working, but lets be honest, its only day 4...My recent attempt is to not run to his aide when he immediately yells "help momma!pleeeeeease!"  I am more than willing to help when he actually needs it, but he more than knows how to make a circle, and many other shapes with the tracks, and when he stops whining, its so incredible to watch how creative he can be with the designs.  i love it!

He loves these bendable/sticky/pipecleaner like craft set that Aunt Tara go him for christmas.  He doesnt' do much with them but roll them into balls, and pull them apart and stick them to the window, but he can do that for a very long time! momma likes them too :)

He likes, play-dough, his chalk board, his sisters plastic food, juice, chocolate anything, being asked to help and go find his jammies, or get momma the diaper creme, his green Bible songs DVD, or wipe off the table.  He's a good picker-upper but he used to be good, just because...now he's good if there is strong enough motivation.  I've been pretty lax this week making him obey the first time, and he is taking full advantage of it.  I see that changing very soon!

I've noticed here lately his interest/frequency of being scared.  mostly of animals or the dark.  Tonight Joel was gone, and I got him to sleep, in daddy's bed, with the bathroom light on, and the door open...but he has started to really not like the dark, especially if he hears something.  not fun!

His phrases are too numerous to count, but in closing I'll try to jot a few down...

  • Let's see here (frequently heard when he's working on a puzzle by himself)
  • up and over to the side (the location of everything)
  • dat nipple? (pointing to a raised section of paint on the wall)
  • dose shoulders? (referring to mommas chest)
  • oooh Benin like it! (any favorable meal)
  • Thank you God for this day , for this food, for this family, for friends, in Jesus name, amen (meal time prayer)
  • Benjamin turned to the page in his encyclopedia of a world map and said, "oh da world momma"...glowing with pride I said," yes Benjamin,  so good!" "And this is where Benjamin lives over here," I said pointing to our continent.  At which time Benjamin replied, "oh yea Merica mom.  Dats Merica" :)
Good night folks!

No comments: