Thursday, January 19, 2012

more of our week!

Beware! Brag session Ahead!
Benjamin did all this himself...opened the box...took all the pieces out...I helped with one piece, but not because he asked, but just because it was habit...top top part is tricky, and he has much shorter attention span by the time we get to the top, but still...he's 2 1/2...Even if every other 2 1/2 yr old can do the same thing...I'm impressed...Just a year ago I was excited he was putting more than two words together!


She was much more frustrated today.  Walking is far from her vision (I actually think it would be impossible with the angle of this weeks cast) and after 4 perfect sleep sessions, now they...well they are less than perfect.  All in all I still think she's doing well considering the circumstances...I just have nothing on my To-Do list this week, until after everyone's in bed.  That way I don't have to be disappointed! 

She was so sweet this morning.  Normally He's the lover and she gets a little overwhelmed, but  here she just kept looking up at him...so happy he was near!

Yesterday I painted her toes for the first time.  I used a very pale pink, not knowing how it would go, but she LOVED every minute of it...except when I would stop painting.  It was such a light color, it wouldn't photograph well, so today we switched it up :)  She was a little more wiggly and a little more frustrated she didn't get to hold the bottle, but all in all, it went ok.  She loves skirts and nail polish...I just can't win with the bows!

a common look today...frustration

and again...

She's super quiet here, and so so so happy, I didn't make her sit by herself in the living room while Benjamin had a potty break.  

Constant birthing position...It makes me laugh how lady like she is in her little skirts :)  (ps - I found casual skirts at Target for $1.50 yesterday.  AHHH! They're perfect!

Other funnies from the day:
  • "Daddy's fingers? 10, Benin fingers? 10, Jonah fingers? 10?, Rubies fingers? 10"...etc  This was the first time he whipped out "Rubies" :)
  • "ABCDEFGsus loves me this I know, for the 'biber' tells so,  little ones...weeaak! are stroooonnnnngggg! Yes Jesus Loves me!  Yes Jesus loves Thomas Yes Jesus loves Gordon Yes Jesus loves Percy Yes Jesus loves James :)
  • 1st Husband-less bedtime in 7 weeks Tonight...V : #1 - murmur for 10 minutes and then hard cry for one....brought her out to the living room, checked her pants, #2 - barely a peep, and she was out...B: #1 - I put him down, Violet heard us, and they both started whimpering.  I had to go the bathroom so bad, I left them in their bed, and 30 seconds later they were both silent....MIRACLE!  Then 5 minutes later I heard Benjamin followed by Violet and went in to lay down by Benjamin for a bit and when I reached my arm around to hug him, I felt extreme dampness.  In my Violet focused day, Benjamin never got out of his jammies, and so I left him in them to go to sleep (he cried when I ever suggested changing them).  Well, thats all fine and dandy, but this little boy still needed to switch from undies to a diaper at night....and his momma forgot...so, I brought Benjamin out, Violet fell asleep again in two minutes and Benjamin's 2nd attempt went great.  The only positive thing about these casts is, if Violet is tired enough she gives up and lays down easily!
Happy Friday Everyone!

2 comments:

Steph said...

that is EXTREMELY impressive that he did all that puzzle himself!! Whitney still has trouble with a 12 piece puzzle if it is too detailed of a picture.

Might have to get to target to check out skirts!

Sandi said...

Tori-
This is Sandi De Vries (used to be De Jong - was friends with Tara in school). I ran across your blog from Tara's blog and just read this post about the casts. Our youngest, who is now 15 months, was born with club feet and had 8 sets of casts starting at two weeks old. I can't imagine having casts when they are older, but I do now a little bit of what you are going through. He now wears a brace whenever he sleeps. After all the casts, we could see great improvement, but such a pain while you are in it. If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email! Wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you guys and praying it all goes well!
Take care~
Sandi