Thursday, February 23, 2012

Miss Violet at 15 Months

Remember when I start every post about Violet the same "She's unpredictable" "Has no norms" "Blablabla"...Well this post is no different.  She's spunky, she's opinionated and makes me oh so tired...I love it!

Growth: I think she's 20 lbs.  She's too tall for her 12 months, but too skinny for her 18 month clothes, except if she's in cloth.
Transportation Skills: close to walking again (3 independent steps today! - after our stride right purchase!)
Words: hi, hat, momma, dada, whats dat, oops, juice, uh huh,and various phrases that only a parent would qualify as anything!
Attitude:  Looks away if you ask her to take a bite, either to protest or to be funny, arches her back and throws a fit if you make her do something she doesn't want to,  has started doing a forced laugh when she thinks she's funny, wants whatever Benjamin has...the list goes on
Eating:  She's getting better and better at eating.  She would have avocado's and banana's at every meal if she could, and also shredded meat (pulled pork or chicken)  she likes the insides of tacos (meat and beans) and of coarse chocolate...
Sleeping...She has slept through the night(11/12 hrs) since I stopped nursing(12 months), and was going down fantastic, pre-cast and during the casts, but now post casts, she's started thinking she's hungry or thirsty, and it breaks my heart...so i give in.  Yes I know the likeliness of her being hungry isn't good, but she eats and demands it be followed by a drink, and then cuddles...and i like it :)  Tonight was the exception to her going down well the 2nd time and I did something very "risky" and put Benjamin down at the same time...she cried for a second, and he talked for a couple minutes, and then they were out...weird!  I can't believe it worked!  They wake up at 6:45 if they hear Joel or I, but usually 7:15 on Satudays and Sundays.

She LOVES shoes (stride rite sz 4) and also she loves her Puma zip up jacket.  I hide it from her, because she demands it be on, if she finds it...actually she likes most zip ups...She still loves getting her toes painted, and although we can get her hair in pig tails, she won't leave them in.  She let me read her first "long" dr seuss book tonight.  No crying, squirming, ripping or, throwing the book off her lap...she loved it!  It gave me warm fuzzies :) SO different than her big brother!  She's super ticklish like her brother, and may have possibly beat him in blueness of eyes...I'm thinking his are close to his momma's, but her's are bright like nana's.

I'm so excited she's close to being mobile and independent again, maybe a little bit because I'm tired/lazy, but mostly because I know how happy she is when she can move.  Already this week, two of the last four mornings It's been pure bliss as they played quietly by themselves for at least 30 minutes.  This morning Leeland played in the background as I got some stuff done around the house, and they read books to themselves, and played with trains...This has been absent since pre-casting, and I miss it, not because I have a problem with noise, but because she hasn't been happy and its been contagious.  All in all, we were very fortunate with minor annoyances via casts, but I can still be happy its over :)

Okay, I'll get to the fun picture part of the post, but I had a pretty good 20 minutes soaking in all the things that make miss Violet such a blessing to our family!

Okay nevermind...the pictures aren't working...you'll just have to check facebook...

No comments: