Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Is it Spring yet?!

BENJAMIN:  this morning he neatly arranged the pillows on the floor, and although I thought I was watching him, he managed to stand on the couch downstairs and free fall/face plant into the pillows...He was fearless and proud and I was terrified.  He now knows not to do it again!
VIOLET: her vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds.  She is much more into copy cat voice in fluctuation than actual word pronunciation, but things she communicates very successfully are:
  • momma, daddy, nana, papa
  • "dat?" and sometimes "whats dat?"
  • where's nana?
  • oh
  • huh?
  • juice
  • thank you (I don't think anyone would recognize this but me, but I'm convinced she says it)
  • shoe...sometimes
  • ha (for hat)
  • momma hold you (this is purely tonal copying of her brother)
VIOLET:  is horrible at sharing.  She cries ridiculously hard and holds on for dear life if I suggest that her turn is done...she also likes to think that she is completely independant at meal time...She wants to hold her own utensil, her own bowl, etc...I've stopped fighting it and just wait for her to get hungry enough to let me help...its maddening!
BENJAMIN:'s new word is actually...he is copy catting so many of our phrases an coming up with thoughts on his own, rather than just agreeing to whatever we say...today he wanted to go to papa and nany's house and when I wasn't replying, he said "momma think about it?"  I guess he has learned thats what I normally say when I just don't have a response! :)  His other new "trick" is holding up certain # of fingers...tonight he showed off 1-5, and 10.  I gave up working on it with him the other day, so it was exciting to see that it actually sunk in :)

we spend a lot of time setting up these train tracks!
thanks to our MN family for extending our playtime with extra tracks and trains!

watching them go around and around...

                                                

First Self Instigated dress up session!

                                                     

                                                 

And she's done...

SPH model

                                                     

                                                         

pouting because I wasn't holding her

His new Bible from his Daddy man date

This photo shoot was supposed to go much smoother, and turn out much cuter...but just plain failed!

This time she wants the camera

I don't thing she even knows why she's mad anymore!

He likes to be super strong

She was pretty excited about this discovery!

cute and creepy all at the same time!

No comments: