Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March Madness

Well, I can honestly say that since leaving high school I could count the number of basketball games that I have watched on one hand (that is, if I could remember them), and really even forget that people even play the sport until I see a March Madness commercial.  (I did watch the first half of ISU's last two games, and did feel an ounce of excitement arise, and my competitive spirit awoke.)  But regardless of my distance from dribbling rubber, it has felt like March Madness!

Mostly because I've been busy waiting.  You heard me right - I have idly filled my time doing nothing but being paralyzed by my need to wait.  As negative as that sounds, I feel proud that my emotions have only dipped down into the anxiety zone for less than a week (Joel might disagree!)  But waiting is hard, and I'm not good at it.  Starting projects seems silly, spending money is out of the question, and there is only so much packing and sorting you can do, when you still have 4 months to sit!

There have been quite a few positives of this waiting period...1) I have had to trust God with the un-known 2) I have learned that I cannot be continually stressed at/mad with Joel, and claim trust in God, 3) I am doing pretty good at paring down, and getting rid of the clutter that accumulates oh so easily! 4) I have learned how I have grown into a pattern of seeing everything as $, and as "good" as I am at receiving gifts and donations, I am less than admirable at giving charitable donations - EMBARRASSING!

Anyway, life here in Ames is really pretty good.  The weather is pretty amazing, and whether I'm taking advantage of it at the park, or cleaning with my window's open, its done wonders for my spirits!

Here's to hoping April brings with it not just another step in the waiting game, but great times with family and friends, the opportunity to get rid of my selfishness and bless others, and enjoying every bit of a tiring 16 month old and her almost 3 yr old brother!

Happy pre-April!

No comments: