Monday, October 1, 2012

October, really?

October?  I'm ready for fall, don't get me wrong (after all that means we get to pull out our boots, and move closer to Christmas), but late September seems so different than October! I mostly am freaking out because October comes before November which is when Violet turns 2, and although I had no issues with her turning 1, I am quite opposed to 2.  but anyway...

Life is still good here in the Regent Village.  Not much has changed.  We're still going to Trinity Church and have joined a class to learn more about the church.
Joel is still crazy busy, putting in lots of hours, and although he wouldn't deny its overwhelming difficulty, I think he's encouraged and enjoying what he's learning.  It's fun to be glad we're here. :)  He's missed by his 3 loves, but we're pretty blessed to get ALL of his non-book time :)  The kids and I are doing great, and trying to be more purposeful about when we have play dates, and when we have down time.  Both are important, but all in balance.
Benjamin is having a little trouble taking some steps backward in the potty training business.  I am trying to not get completely down about it, but its hard.  I'm not sure why its happening, nor do I know the best way to handle it.  I'm trying to recall back in his first year, when every challenge seemed like the biggest deal ever...until two days or two weeks later perspective set in and I realized how little control I had over the situation, and how short lived it was till it fixed itself.  Yes I think it was good I cared about my babies sleep then, and yes I know its kinda a big deal that He's emotionally or physically in a rough spot right now, but I'm trying to console myself and not cry over spilled milk, or wet pants or worse...:(  On the plus side after going 2 or 3 weeks with a surprise/unpleasant personality he seems to be back to my kind lil guy.  He's playing great with peers and Violet again, and that is the reason for our increased down time the last 2 weeks, and a huge answer to prayer!
Violet, or pickles as I call her, is so great.  She is slowly getting out of her whiny skin, and starting to have some adorable manners.  She still needs to be reminded 1/2 of the time, but she is quickly switching to polite mode, and doing it on her own, more and more.  I think she's going to struggle with this hurdle more than her big brother has, but I'm pretty proud of her the last 2 months.  I guess getting older isn't all bad :)

Well, I finally found out how to clear my memory card (because my former way wasn't working) and take some more pictures.  Now you don't have to suffer through my ramblings as much as awe at some pretty babes :)

















1 comment: