Wednesday, May 14, 2014

hello AMES!

We arrived!  "New" has lost any clear meaning to us and the word "home" is even muddier, but the Lewicki's have landed in Ames for three months and are in awe of how God is providing for not only our physical needs, but our emotional ones as well.  

Sunday, after we were able to reconnect with our church family at Ames EFREE (I'm not ready to use CCC yet!) I was talking to Benjamin about his Sunday School papers.  His lesson/verse were about God providing all that we NEED.  He asked me what that meant, and I said that we needed certain things to live...Food & Water, and Love, and that God was more than able to supply those needs.  I said it without thinking much, and although I don't think its solid enough to preach a sermon on it, it has blessed me greatly to remember that conversation throughout the week!  God is supplying Joel with a fantastic summer job opportunity this summer, gave us more than enough space to live for 3 months, and is giving us emotional strength in the midst of ever changing variables.  All of my needs and many of my wants are more than supplied for!

Here's some un-edited snap shots of our little nest this summer:


We are into transformers right now, so this is the BumbleBee house :)



our little living room/dining room


Soooooo the bathroom...Its not an outhouse, and it DOES have both a shower AND bathtub, and the shower has decent water pressure with a removable head....So its great :)


the Living room/dining room: I LOVE that we also have outside dining, so the small table works for us, and the wall on the left opens up into "the transformer room" so the kids have enough room to play on rainy/cold days:)


No, I have never used an electric stove before, but I'm now learning :)  with a new broom and a tooth pick with soapy water this retro kitchen excites me!...And a surprise to me was that I miss a garbage disposal even MORE than a dishwasher.  


This is the "transformer room", which is an IA State themed play room during the day, but then you pull the accordion wall shut and transform the couch into a bed, and ta-da! the kids bed room is born :)



Here are my sweet babes sleeping past 7:00 this morning!  They HATE not seeing Daddy off to work in the morning, but I LOVE my quiet house from 6:15 - 7:15!



I saved the best for last!  This is the screened in porch that sits beside an open deck, that backs up to this beautiful/quaint back yard.  I've scrubbed it down, and am waiting for a good power wash experience for the floor, but I'm hopeful to get that knocked out this weekend!  Its kid friendly. Its relaxing. Its perfect!








No comments: