Monday, January 12, 2015

Baby Bear

Well, hello again!

I'm back in the social media/blog world meaning Joel's back in classes. Don't feel too badly for me!  This time its more sweet than bitter.  For starters, its the beginning of the end...4 more months and we are DONE! (insert minor freak out!) And if thats not enough, my husband brilliantly set himself up for success by making this the most manageable semester yet!  The only damper really is a new class he just added today, which will take him every Monday night from 6:15-9:30. However the rest seems quite nice, and perhaps a slight break before baby/bar/job.

Speaking of "Baby Bear" (I don't know how he got that name but Violet prays for him using his Bear name, and its adorable!)...he is doing quite well.  ACTIVE is a ridiculous understatement, and the best part is how much he kick Violet and Benjamin when they lay beside me or put their legs across my tummy.  Violet can hardly take naps with me because Bear is such a distraction!  I feel GREAT, as far as decent energy, feeling Braxton hits but no real contractions and decent sleep!  My biggest complaint is my sciatica acting up (lower right back/buttox) and it hurts so bad it makes me want to cry sometimes!  But having said that, its such a normal problem for the pregnant type that I'm happy to have a symptom with no real complications! We have an apt on Friday (I will be 29 weeks) and then will begin to go every 2 weeks.  I rest a little more than the average person, sometimes because I REALLY need to, and others because I'm aware that my uterus is pretty skittish, and stressing "her" out just means risk of preterm labor...and I DONT want to have this baby before 36 weeks.  Actually I'm just beginning to realize that this babe is probably not coming early (Realism: yay he's not coming before 36 weeks, boo that he probably won't come till 40!) and there are quite a few things I should probably think through (What my hospitals normal protocol is with things like infant care, birthing options, vaccine options, post birth bonding/nursing encouragement, etc)  I should probably take a tour of the hospital, write out some preferences, and such activities.  11 more weeks will be here before we know it!

Thats about all in Baby News.  I still need to maybe get some bottles, receiving blankets, and keep shopping craigs list for a video monitor.  He probably doesn't have enough clothes, but I seriously just keep thinking, can't I just wrap him like a burrito in a receiving blanket and call it good?   (Thats actually my plan, by the way!) Another "great" idea I have is to never lose the paci the hospital gives us, so we don't need to get any :)  I'm brilliant, I know.

Well I can't think of anything else noteworthy!  Unless you want to talk about food, in which I would love to talk for hours...We started eating purposefully clean with Whole30, and its rocking my socks off...In fact, I think I'll write another post about it soon, but so long until then!




No comments: