Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Meet you in the Bathroom

Greetings.  

So, I'm 29.5 weeks.  Thats crazy.  Crazy that this peanut is coming whether I'm ready or not.  Crazy that I'm not confined to my couch any longer.  Crazy that Baby Bear will come at me like a punching bag for an hour or more straight.  Crazy that I still have 70+ days for my stomach to continue stretching. Its all just Crazy.  

Medically speaking: no bleeding for 10 weeks and no pain in my "wound area" for about 4 weeks. My sciatic nerve was my biggest complaint last month, but has calmed down the last couple days (and truly it was fantastic to have a normal pregnant person problem.)  I will hesitantly (in fear of my mother freaking out on me!) record a disturbing amount of contractions.  They aren't painful labor producing contractions, but they will come and distract me from whatever I'm doing, and without a ton of water or laying down, they are not interested in leaving. My OB said, as long as they will go away, all is well.  I never had Braxton Hicks that were memorable in my first two pregnancies so this is a new phenomenon combined with knowledge of a skittish uterus who threatens to freak out on me and decide to have a baby.  Needless to say my focus/memory/patience and quality of life aren't exactly at an all time high right now.  Joel has a busy schedule, but thankfully very flexible at times, and it is a gift that he can help when I just have to stop moving for a while.  I am sadly very aware of friends who have recently experienced such great loss, and others who are in the trenches of taking care of their premie babies in the NICU right now, and am able to see my challenges in such different lights.  Responsibility for helping this baby continue to stay put, and Gratitude for the gift of each of his days!

...Back to quality of life and Joel, we started clean eating this January (I know, no one really cares about other peoples diets and fads), but it was slightly unrelated to any sort of new years resolution, and more of just a reality check on having better quality of life!  Sleep Patterns. Nerve Pain. Heart concerns. Skin frustrations. Moods. Fatigue.  Etc. Etc. Etc.  Well, we cut out all processed food along side dairy, grains, legumes and sugar.  (that leaves meat without additives, vegetables and fruit.)  Well it has been extraordinarily effective and in addition to improvements in things we were aware of, we have seen our bodies start functioning in ways we weren't even purposefully correcting...Skin softness, Eye Sight, Nasal clarity and more. I've technically disbanded from the cool rule following hard core clean eating club, and had to finding ways to up my calorie intake for Baby Bear.  I knew he was getting such rich vitamins from the nutrient dense foods I was eating, and anything he was missing he would just suck from his Momma, but with my progressively increasing state of contracting and risk of preterm labor already being higher than wanted, we decided there would be another time for me to radically change my diet, but now is not that time.  I'll write more in a couple weeks and let you know how Joel's 30 day trial has gone, and our plan for continuing to eat healthy after our 30 day goal :)  #Whole30

Well thats about all our news for now.  I'm happy that my biggest annoyance right now is the cycle of: stay hydrated/have to pee/bladders full again 10 minutes after I went last and making me contract so I pee again/ maybe if I drink more the contractions will stop/now I have to pee desperately bad/ now I don't want to drink for the rest of the day/ shoot I've only had three glasses of water and its only 1:00...I really need to drink more...maybe i'll drink slowly while I do laundry/wow I bent over too much and now i'm really contracting/quick drink and get them to stop/and now i will run to the bathroom every time baby bear nudges my bladder and pee out all the water I just drank...  

Its annoying.  Its driving me crazy. And I'm so thankful for the gift of being bothered by such trivial things. I wouldn't trade it for anything.  


No comments: