Wednesday, January 21, 2015

For the Non-Readers and people who think food is pretty...

In my last post I wrote a little bit about eating habits based on the Whole30 plan.  Its harder than throwing in a frozen pizza. More planning, More Dishes. More $$.  But oh so worth it. I've had fun experimenting with Almond Butter, Beet Chips, Rutabaga and Parsnips, Turnips and Cabbage. Hash with Over Easy Eggs for Breakfast, Sweet Potatoes for Desserts and Coconut Milk and cinnamon in my coffee. Our consumption of onions, garlic, eggs and peppers rivals that of a summer camp, but its great! My Love for food has grown (and it was pretty high before) and my appreciation for herbs and God given flavor is higher.  I was reminded what hungry feels like, how much I eat out of boredom and emotional comfort and gluttony and am further away from all of those habits.   Im still overwhelmed by the prep and planning, and I must admit that part of me is happy to have stopped whole30 early(due to pregnancy concerns) and enjoy toast with my egg in the morning...but Im so happy I did the last 2 weeks, and so happy for blogs like 100 days of real food and whole30 and tons of others for some education on why I would care about healthy eating, and how to make it happen.  Heres a snap shot of our last two weeks:
*for my sister in law Lora and super motivating friend Jessica. Happy eating to you both!















Happy Eating to all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I AM freaked out about your contractions but trust God's care for both of you.
Thanks for blog posts. I love seeing into your world. If you cook I'll try the eating plan. :) Seriously so interesting and impressed.
Mom

Lora Whitehouse said...

Looks so delicious!