Monday, April 13, 2015

Bear part ONE

This post seems late doesn't it?  Tomorrow my sweet baby Bear will be Three weeks old.  Between a poor memory, the loss of the freshness of his birth, fatigue, unquantifiable amounts of things running around my head and more fatigue I cannot recall Tuesday March 24 with high amounts of accuracy, but I will try...

Friday Night, the 20th Joel and I went to the Barristers Ball. I joked I wanted to dance Bear out, and in my head I was much more serious than joking, but alas the night came and went and my poor dance skills and extra girth prevented a whole lot of jumping and jiving.  Saturday happened and I attended Benjamin and Violets soccer game and after a great quiet time/nap for my babies and I (while daddy worked on law review articles) we quickly made a stop at the library and grocery store.  Sunday was a blur, Church, Costco, baby shower... and Monday...I don't remember Monday.  I'm sure it was a great day;)

Action Time began at 4:29AM Tuesday morning.  At least thats when I started timing contractions. The first hour they were 12 or 13 minutes apart and then at 5:37 they jumped to 6 minutes apart and went between 3 and 8 minutes the next hour and a half.  Around 6:15 I began texting child care options, and I think that sometime between 5:30 and 6:30 I woke Joel up and let him know that I thought we might be meeting our baby soon.  He had only come to bed hours earlier and so I told him to use his time however he thought best, catching up on sleep before the big event or wrapping things up at the office.  He wisely chose sleep!

I woke him up by 7:00 and told him to quick take a shower, because I was ready to go!  Sadly, right after consulting with the OB and having her encourage me to get to the hospital (they always seem alarmed when you're already dilated to a 4) my contractions slowed between 7:11 and 7:41.  I did NOT want to spend all day laboring at the hospital, or worse, to be sent home for false labor so I sent Joel back to bed (or the office) and told him to go wherever he wanted, but to be close enough to take me to the hospital with 10 minutes notice.  God was so gracious and gave Benjamin and Violet the most peaceful compliant attitudes that morning.  They ate their breakfast and stayed at the table to color for an hour, and I bounced on an exercise ball.  At some point, 8:?? my nerves got the best of me, and I woke Joel up saying that my fear of having the baby in the car was winning and I wanted to go to the hospital.  My contractions were mostly under 7 minutes with an occasional 10 minute break, but I was not able to shake the fact that my pain tolerance is higher than my accuracy with recording things.  My neighbor and friend was such a gift and swooped in to love on Benjamin and Violet, and off we went to see about having a baby.

We got to the hospital at 9:59 and we got started with my "non-labor" labor...more on that to follow!

No comments: