Thursday, March 19, 2015

Then and Now

Hey!  I had my 38 week appointment today.  What semi worthless mind games these appointments are! Such excitement but little foresight into reality.

I am dilated to a 4+ and 80% effaced.  She said she would be surprised if I make it to my appointment next week, but I also have a friend who was super dilated and effaced and went close to 2 weeks over due!

I won't lie, It did sound like I would have baby this weekend until I looked at Benjamin and Violets facts.
BENJAMIN EDWARD
12 days before labor
dilated to a 1 or 2 and 80%

VIOLET ANN ELOISE
1 1/2 weeks before induction
dilated to a 2 and 80%

So that tells me effacement % is not an indicator of going this week, and maybe i'm just more dilated because its my third birthing rodeo.  

Also, I am sorry I'm a liar.  As I was looking for pregnancy facts I discovered that this electric feeling that I claim is new for me...yeah, I had it with Benjamin and possibly Violet.  Such a horrible memory/amazing skill at blocking things :)  Also with Benjamin we had the same "measuring too small" scare and he also was just so low they missed most of his head measurement.  So, although there has been a lot of quirks that are unique about this pregnancy, there are a lot of normals as well.  I am flabbergasted at the quantity of life happenings I don't recall.  I need to stop thinking about it, before I start crying!

The most exciting news of the day was when Joel shared that he thinks he'll be done with the bulk of Law Review by Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(I will not apologize for the quantity of exclamation marks!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So as excited as I would be to dance this baby out tomorrow night at the Barristers Ball tomorrow night (yes, I'm going to a ball 9 months pregnant), I would really like to wait until next weekend.  Joel would be done with his heaviest of loads, start getting sleep again and get a few hours in at the firm he's working at this semester. We shall see!

Ok, I'm exhausted and I have a big day tomorrow!  Sweet Dreams!

No comments: