Saturday, April 25, 2009

40th WEEK NEWS


I can't believe it! Week 40. Although I can't believe the end is here, I cant imagine this beloved process taking any longer. The thrid trimester has went by at a snail's pace; especially this last month. As I have told many of you, over all, I have truely loved being pregnant. I loved it untill week 35ish however. I have never been skilled at finishing projects with the vivacity that I begin them with, and unfortunately baby growing is no different. It didn't help when week 37 came and I started being referred to as "Full Term." That is a term that should be illegal to use until the last day of the 40th week. I dont want my baby to arrive a moment before it should, healthily speaking, but if my baby is full term, that tells me, it should come now! So for 3 long weeks, I have felt over-due.

As far as doctor updates...I am measuring around 36 weeks, and the baby continues to stay in position(head down.) I am now 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. My amniotic fluid went from a 5.5 to a 12.9. I like to think that my constant water guzzling was to thank for the increase. I am starting to have trace amounts of protein in my urine, therefore, i had to do a 24 hr lab test. It was not enjoyable. My feet have also started to be swollen by the end of the night, which is causing me to kiss my hopes of Ankle Modeling goodbye. My sinus cold is slowly, but surely leaving, which is a HUGE answer to prayer. Its far from completely gone, but I'm no longer a witch(I dont think) and can think about things other than trying to breath.

Joel has been AMAZING the last two days. He has cleaned the carpets, sprayed for bugs, painted and installed doors, put up a shelf, installed the car seat, repaired some walls, and more. I think I nested early, and he is carrying it on, and surpassing my successes. I love him so very much, and love seeing how excited he can be for our baby!

Well, I should be getting some 40th week pictures up tonight, and hopefully that will be the last before we post a baby announcement. Thank you again, for all your prayers and love for lil'lewicki!


No comments: