Wednesday, April 15, 2009

two weeks to go!

Well, first I have to apologize. I have no current picture. I'm hoping to take one tonight. If you all just close your eyes, imagine my face a little bit puffy, my arms a little jiggly, and a very large, slightly oval watermelon by my belly button, and you no longer need a picture.(oh, and as far as my posterior, i have no idea what it looks like. I've turned my toes over to pedicures, and my legs and booty cant look that large compared to my baby belly:)

I have bad news, other news, and happy news...i'll start from the bottom up...

The bad news is that last Saturday I acquired a horrible cold. Sunday my throat hurt slightly, and Monday I wasted money on a co-payment to find out that I didn't have strep. Tuesday I woke up feeling much worse than the two days before, and got ridiculously spoiled my by wonderful husband who set up a little sick station in the living room. That, plus a long shower made me feel good enough to eat a little bit for supper. I planned on waking up this morning feeling almost all better, but that was not the case. I'm not having horribly regular or painful contractions, but they are enough to wake me up once or twice an hour. The only way to get them to leave is to get out of bed, which moves my bladder which calls for a quick trip to the bathroom. All that to say, I'm not sleeping great, and my throat doesn't want to stop hurting. I called my o.b. today to make sure it was ok that I was taking Tylenol religiously. I have high hopes for tomorrow!

My second bit of news is my dr apt on Thursday. Last week Friday's apt went well but they scheduled an unplanned ultrasound for Thursday. Their main reasoning is to double check placental growth, and amniotic fluid. I grew rather fast during my second trimester, and was consistently two weeks early/big for about 3 months. I then hit 34.5 week measurement, at 32ish weeks, and haven't grown length wise since. My baby also dropped around 35/36 weeks and it is very hard to get an accurate measurement once the baby is head down and in position for delivery. The other minor reason for the ultrasound is my weighting dropping two lbs in a week. This also doesn't concern me much. I'm not consistent about wearing similar fabrics or clothes to my apt, so there could be a lot of variables for that. So there isn't a lot of concern, but it will be nice to double check everything and know that all is well.

The great news, is that with the concern of my cold, and the ultrasound concerns, my baby is seemingly uneffected by all the hullabalu. We are crazy wiggley, and dont seem to be aware that space is VERY limited. Every day we seem to find my ribs a little bit more, and locate lower nerves which hurt pretty bad. All that said, yeah! for wiggles.

Enjoy the weather before our rainy weekend hits and pray for baby lewicki and that our apt goes well tomorrow. Oh, and pray that i feel better in time for this baby to arrive. I idealy would rather not feel like this for D-day!




1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey girl! We are praying! Hope you're appointment goes well tomorrow! We'll be excited for the news...oh, and this gives you that unexpected chance to find out if it's a girl or a boy...what will you do!?!? Love you!!