Thursday, April 9, 2009

3 WEEKS and counting

I got an email this week(i get daily emails from "what to expect when you're expecting) which said that I am now officially "full term." This excites/upsets me. I know dr's are smart people and I am assured that if I had the baby tonight, chances are that we would be perfectly healthy. But why must we use the phrase "full term." Do they not realize how impatient and antsy I have become? Do they not know that they have essentially told me, my baby is just hanging out, making me uncomfortable wasting time untill arrival. If we are "full term" now, than why on the calander do I have to wait 3 more weeks? These things do not make sense to me. I wish I knew who to send my comlaint letter to.

I just got back from visiting my little sister, and she got to visually experience my gymnastic baby. I dont think she was quite as impressed as I thought she should be..."weird" was the actual word she used. However, it still amazes me everytime I see our little back/butt move from one side to the other. I cant believe how wiggly we still are, for how little space is available.

My head isn't feeling great for the first time since my massage two weeks ago. At least I now know how to fix it!

I lifted up a 5 lb bag of flour the other day and realized that i have 6 of those sitting on my body...I no longer feel guilty for my lethargic state. I see no need to apologize for my occasional 20 minute naps. It makes a whole lot more sense when it takes just as long to get out of bed as it does to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I'm ginormous.

Speaking of night, I want to give a silent round of applause to JoelBen. I always knew I had a pretty good husband, but am now assured that I have one of the very best. I am pretty miserable to sleep with. Between my bathroom visits, every two hours, my continuous flopping around, my very frequent sighs/loud breathing, to my side/back sleeping induced snoring, he still remains to love me. After the basement failed us both, we are now both back in our bedroom, and hope that this is fully preparing us for parenthood. I think it would be ideal if we could get as much sleep as possible before lil'lewicki arrived, but since that isn't working, we'll just see it as a great tool for what's ahead.

The nursery has been un-active for a while. I went in there a lot for a couple of weeks, but suddenly I have no interest in the room untill I have someone to put in the room. People keep asking if we have everything and its always tricky to answer them. We have everything we need. We were given an AMAZING rocker that completes the room magnificently. I "need" another changing table cover (the fuzzy one off my babies r us registry), the diaper bags, a boppy slip cover, burp rags, and thats about it. If I dont get it by the time baby is here, it will just take one quick stop to babies r us, so i'm not too woried about it. I'm not buying many clothes, and just want to wait till I know gender.

Well I hope our chilly spring is going well for everyone. Between showers and weddings and babies, summer will be here before I knew spring ever arrived. Happy easter to all!



2 comments:

Kari said...

Wow, you are so very close! Praying for you as the day comes close. SO happy that you are taking time for naps, it is essential esp. after the baby arrives.
I heard that you are having fellowship this next Wed. Sad that I probably won't be able to come b/c we are heading to Arkansas tomorrow through Thurs. However, E has been really sick so we may not go due to him...we will see how he's doing tomorrow.
Talk soon!

Charity said...

I think you need to post another pregnancy picture :-)