Thursday, March 11, 2010

THE BREAK-UP



My love handles and I are having a huge fight.  I brought up the idea the other day of us parting ways.  They didn't take it well.  To be honest, I dont like the reality of being apart anymore than they do, but I think I'd be happier, overall, if we took a break.  Our relationship has pretty deep roots and I think thats what is making this so difficult.   It was a very love/hate relationship in high school.  On/Off/On/Off, you know how high school is... 


Things got really serious in college.  I dont know what it was, but we connected, like nothing I had ever experienced before and it was bliss...Well, thats what I thought...untill we had a huge fight and suddenly broke up one day. I didn't see it coming at all, but actually after the initial shock, I didn't even miss them. Some time passed, and I began looking at pictures of when we were together.  You know? I dont look as happy as I thought I was.   Its funny how we only see what we want sometimes.  

We both got involved in other things and with other people.   I was doing really well, and then they heard I got pregnant.  They got back in touch with me, and we actually started to have fun again.  To be honest, I liked having them there for support, although I was in denial about the whole relationship.   We got so close they just became a part of me, and I guess they thought they needed to be there to comfort me or something.  They kept hanging around more and more and I just got used to them being there for me.

We spent about 19 months together and it had a lot of ups and a few downs,  but the past month have been rough.  They aren't providing me the comfort and support they were once so good at giving.  Its more like they're just hanging on me, weighing me down, and keeping me from things I really want to do in life.  So I finally am getting the courage to let them know that we're done, at least for now.  Its just not the right timing.  And I'm not going to just tip toe around hoping that they get the hint and leave on their own.  I'm making a clean break.  I'm not even going places that remind me of them; like in front of the coffee press where we met every morning and share our favorite creamer, or around ice cream bucket where we would sneek around at night and have a good time. 

Yes sir'ee, tomorrow is a new day!  ...I think i'll break the news right after one last night by the freezer...ya know, on second thoughts, spring break is coming up and we have some pretty fun plans.  I guess I'll see how next week goes and then call it quits after one last week together...


No comments: