Monday, March 8, 2010

oh bla dee

I realized today that I need to charge the batteries for the camera because it has been far too long since I have posted pictures...He's 10 months, cuter than ever, and it needs to be recorded.

But until tomorrow when I attempt to get the camera going and a glamor shots session running, I will just tell see if I can think of anything new in Mr. Benjamin's life.  Oh! where to begin!

Benjamin was weighed last weekend at 24 lbs 12 oz ( with his clothes on .)  He has had a runny nose and slight cough for two weeks, and although we have no fever, and only clear snot, I got paranoid and took him to the doctor.  It wasn't a great experience and I don't have a lot of confidence in the results, but without ever looking in Benjamin's ears, we were diagnosed with ear infection and the beginning or end of a minor type of bronchitis.  All this from listening to Benjamin's chest and seeing him grab his ear once.  However, we're going ahead with the round of Amoxicillin  and hoping that it dominates whatever bug our little man has. 

He just got his 7th tooth, and I can see #8 under his gums.  He is jabbering like crazy, but no audible words.  Our new game is to hum tunes back and forth to each other.  He is SUPER ticklish and loves being scared....except when he's actually scared :)  On the down side, after months of feeling like a master of his sleep cycle, I have been humbled and almost beaten.  I say almost, because Benjamin is still super happy, so until I have a sleep deprived, crabby little boy on my hands, I have not lost!  After learning to stand, I filled his crib with animals and books to get him to lay down and fall asleep.  It worked for a week, and now he sits and reads...today it was for an hour.  Sometimes he cries, but most the time, he just plays.  I'm not sure what to do about it yet...I might try eliminating morning nap, but that makes me sad to think about!

Benjamin has been super cuddly lately which I LOVE.  He's eating great, and loves meat!  He's getting so very fast and moves all over.  Slamming cupboards is a favorite game, and he wishes he could "help" me in the dishwasher.  Last week was a rough week, with an accident on (and then off) the bed, a chair, the carpet, and a swallowed dime.  It made me so tired just keeping an extra eye on him ALWAYS!  

Spring is almost here, and Mom can't wait to get out and go a walks, and not wear coats, and get our flip flops on! (Yes, Benjamin has a pair waiting to be worn). Wishing you a happy March!


1 comment:

Tara said...

You can see his morning nap thing as a total blessing. He can happily read in his crib for a little quiet time in the morning, but if you have somewhere you need to go he is completely flexible! How great is that? After Audrey gave up her morning nap (not until 18mo!) she still needed quiet time in the morning to maintain a happy spirit! Your a good mom. He is a good little guy!