Tuesday, March 17, 2009

REUBEN THOMAS VOS

The Vos family welcomed a new member to their family on Monday early in the afternoon. Reuben Thomas Vos weighed 7 lbs 11 oz, and was 19? inches long.

I went to the Vos house on Sunday for lunch with the rest of my family, and spent the night there also. Tara woke me up around 4:30 and let me know they were going to the hospital. I wont get the details of the story/labor correct, so I wont attempt to share all of them. A simple version is as follows: She went in for bad nausea with her contractions, they medicated the neasea, and when that slowed down labor she convinced them to not send her home. They broke her wather 8:30ish and after slow developments all morning and a good nap, they woke her up and told her to push. 20 minutes later Reuben arrived. I'm highly jealous of the simplicity of her story...My fingers are crossed, that it runs in the family.

Being Joel-less has been much different than I planned. I''m pretty busy and I thought that would be a good thing. But if it is helping, I'm scared to think of what I would be like otherwise. I cry A LOT, miss having someone with driving directional abilities, wish someone was here to listen to my ramblings, and overall am crazy ready for Joel to be home. This morning I had a slight break down. I changed three times, made an emergency hair apt, went shopping, and cried a lot. Directional driving difficulties were icing on the cake. It was a rough couple of hours

I think Joel's trip to Florida is going great. He's tired, he's slightly sun-burnt, doesn't have the best sleeping conditions, but is having some GREAT opportunities. I'm so glad God is using him, and so glad that he comes home Friday! I feel highly selfish and needy, because I would love more phone time, or emails, and can get moppey sometimes, but I'm going to blame it all on hormones(I have to use the pregnancy excuse while I can!) Its so great how God is using his team, and I cant wait till Joel is able to tell me all about it!

Well, I hope you are all having a great spring break week!
Enjoy the weather!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Awww!! I wish I was in Ames still and I would come keep you company. You're a trooper though- if Jared was gone I probably wouldn't even get out of bed;) I hope you are feeling well and that your birth goes as fast as your sisters:)

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

oh man i can so relate because i feel that way (without an excuse of pregnancy!) when ben is gone. hang in there, missy! :)

Jessica said...

How sad!! An emergency hair appointment?! I think you look great. We're praying for you, you know!