Saturday, March 14, 2009

shop till I drop

Joel is officially off to Florida. He and a few other leaders are taking about 35 college students to Jacksonville, Fl for a week long missions trip. After a horrible night of sleep, and seeing Joel off between 4am and 5:30am, I finally got some sleep late this morning. I then woke up and knew I needed to get busy; I knew my hormones might get the best of me. Its a lot harder to be lonely and mopey when your busy, so after a bowl of cereal, my day got started!

I checked my email and found out that my baby's sheets had been delivered. I found them on the porch, and quickly dove inside the bag. They are solid, chocolate brown and super simple. They are PERFECT!

I scooted out the door before 11 and made it to the bank. Then it was off to Lowes to get some paint! I had used Diamond Vogel paint last spring, and wasn't super impressed. I wanted to color match the purple I had used in one of the bathrooms. It took longer than expected, but I wasn't in a hurry and Lowe's seemed to be full of people I knew!

Next on the list was K-mart. I'm always on the lookout for a white rocker and also was price checking changing pads.

Walmart came next and I felt like my grandma Earp! Virginia could wander around wal-mart for hours and not even buy much of anything...and that is precisely what I did. I got some goodies for my Bunco club that I'm hosting on Monday and a few other odds and ends. Last but not least was Target and there I had incredible self control. There were more temptations than the previous stores, and I found some great fitted crib sheet protectors that I did get. By then it was 2:30 and my baby was reminding me that I hadn't fed us lunch yet!

I got home, ate some lunch and not long afterwards my friend Jess called. She had some stuff she needed at Wal-mart, and for the sake of socialization I met her there. I ended up coming home with a changing table pad (I had been price checking all morning.) So about 3 hrs of my day was indeed spent at Wal-mart, but I price checked all my purchases and am proud of getting some pretty great deals. Who knew what you can do when you actually aren't in a hurry!

My baby is crazy spastic, and I get soooo many braxton hicks when I'm walking, and that's what happened all morning! I'd really love to splurge and get a pedicure while Joel is gone, but I don't think that may be the best decision. I know certain pressure points in massage can induce labor, and I dont really want to have my baby 7 weeks early, especially with Joel 24 driving hrs away! I guess that will be a treat that waits till April!

Well, I'm laying low this evening and hopefully getting some reading done. My sister-in-law gave me this book, "grace based parenting," and hopefully I can catch up on a few chapters of reading. My baby's feet are insisting on being under my ribs so I'm going to go do something that doesn't involve sitting! Have a great week!

No comments: