Tuesday, March 31, 2009

the Feeling is Electric!

Pregnancy is CRAZY. I have many praises about my baby growing process; realities of the past 8 months that make my pregnancy easy compared to others. I also could write a full page report about the changes of my body, and the abnormality of my little parasite child dwelling with-in, that would frighten most women from procreating in the first place. The reality is that pregnancy is just crazy.

My newest bizarre experience, that is occurring quite frequently, can only be described as electric. I don't know what is causing it, I just know it's weird. My hip/groin area will suddenly surge with a volt of pain for a couple seconds, and then be done or leave a reminant of a mild cramp. I'm not sure if everything is just repositioning and stretching out for D-day, or if the baby has grown and/or dropped causing too much to be going on in too little of an area. Either way, I dont enjoy it.

Onto some happier notes:

  • After a difficult struggle to find both genders of baby names, we finally found one boy/one girl and haven't wavered.
  • My headache of three weeks, left after a 10 minute professional massage.
  • Joel still likes me even though I flop around continuously most nights, and cry a little more frequently and a little less rationally.
  • Although time isn't exactly flying by, its going at a pretty great speed.
  • It seems as though my stretch marks are waiting to arrive untill after the baby arrives. This is good because then, the baby will be here and I wont care. :)
  • Although being tired is annoying, I'm jobless, sort of childless, and have little responsibility in life. I'll count my blessings instead of sheep. :)
I get hesitant asking for opinions or suggestions, because then, should I disagree, it is much more confrontational. But with that said, here are topics that I'm attempting to research and would love feedback on. We may not agree, but that doesn't mean the insight isn't appreciated...
  • vaccinnes
  • timing of circumcision
  • sugar water for babies at the hospital
  • epidurals
  • feeding/sleeping schedule...when and if to start
  • diapers, cloth vs disposible
Well, I hope you all have a happy April. I hope you all have a phenominal Easter, and enjoy the slighly warmer temperatures. Happy Spring!


2 comments:

kkvernen said...

Tori,
The one I have a strong opinion on is the epidural. Having a delivery with one and also without one, I would strongly, strongly recommend having an epidural. I would not go into surgery without anesthesia- don't go into childbirth without an epidural!!! It made the whole experience so much more enjoyable and I look back on Kaelynn's birth with fondness. The strongest memory I have of Carson's and Connor's birth is the pain. Just my opinion :)

Sarah said...

Victoria!
so, this might get long!:) but as far as vaccines go: we vaccinated roman for the sole purpose of this: if roman were to die or get seriously damaged from a completely preventable disease, i would never forgive myself. but then there is the flip side too... which i dont know a whole lot about. ask erika, they dont plan on vaccinating caillet until she's older (school age).
Roman was circumcised at day 2. and they gave him a little sugar water and he slept the whole time. he cried more when they took his clothes off cause he was cold.
epidural: i had one, and thought it was great. however, when i do it again, i'm going to try not to have one i think...just to experience it. there are such great techniques (reflexology type) that can speed up labor and make delivery not as awful w/o one. just do research. I have a friend who had one, and she was on a lot of other drugs too, and her daughter slept for 2 days, therefore she wasnt able to nurse her until the day they left, and consequently ended up formula feeding her because her milk never came in.
feeding/sleeping: i HIGHLY recommend the book 'healthy sleep habits, happy child' it tells you when your baby naturally understands the difference between day/night,and such....reallllly helped me! :)
diapers: gdiapers.com (a little more expensive, but worth it!:) earth friendly and all). we would do it, but jeff doesnt think we can afford it. i think it ends up being 12.50 more a month....
see, long! haha
love love!