Friday, September 24, 2010

Baby growing inside and out

HAPPY FRIDAY!  
As of today, I am 30 weeks and 3 days pregnant.  Also I am 4 days short of having a 17 month old little boy.  

Sorry for the pause, I just had to process the above information! :)  First off lets talk about...
 Miss Littler
  • heart rate in the 140s...
  • measuring right at 30 weeks...didn't gain weight at this check up (not that momma isn't eating lots!)
  • she is either very strong or very bony.
  • she wiggles CONSTANTLY.  
  • if I wake up anytime after 4a.m. or 5a.m., she has caused me to be unable to go back to sleep.  boo.
  • she has also made me so tired that after running around our small upstairs, and only minimally challenging Benjamin, I could fall asleep in a matter of seconds anywhere, and anytime after 8.  
  • she started to let me like coffee...I wish she hadn't.
  • FACT: her momma ate bigger amounts of less healthy food and got HUGE this past week...
  • PREFERABLE FICTION: she grew a lot and is making me look big :)
  • she kicks hardest when I'm holding her big brother...I think she's "spirited"
  • her momma has decided that she should make a grand appearance Friday, November the 19th...I know its 11 days early, but students leave and Daddy has a little more flexible schedule that next week and it would be great timing! either that or the 28th.  Its only two days early and then all my loves would have the same Birthday # (two November 28s and April 28th)
  • Braxton Hicks are here and don't seem to be leaving anytime soon...


And on to my first Little Lewicki...
Benjamin Edward
  • he loves telling stories (very long stories)
  • he loves attention
  • he still loves being tickled
  • he RUNS to the window if he hears a bus, motorcycle, or anything interesting
  • He loves running back and forth and back and forth from the living room to the kitchen
  • he thinks he's sooo funny when he closes his eyes to ignore you or just walk around or anything!
  • he has went from favoring his lion, to his kitty (from Aunt Heidi)
  • he's started to build some pretty interesting looking creations with his legos
  • his legs turn into noodles when I ask him to do something he doesn't want to
  • his whiny voice is VERY annoying
  • he's noticing more when i'm distracted and not paying attention to him...hence the whiny voice
  • he is SO cuddly and although he has some favorite people to hug, he'll give a little Benjamin love to most people
  • he has NO CLUE that a baby is coming, and that he'll have to share mom and dad...we're curious to see how this goes!
In a week and a half I'm going to stay overnight with some ladies from our church and Benjamin is going to spend the night with just Daddy.  (This will be my first time away over night!)  Then the next week, I believe I'm doing hair for a wedding, and going to be away from Benjamin a second weekend in a row!  

I know I give Benjamin a ridiculous amt of attention and have thought about doing some things to get him used to playing by himself, to make the transition easier when lil sister comes.  But after about a day of having that game plan, I switched strategies after thinking about how it will never be just the two of us (three of us) again, so we might as well enjoy it!  So here's to 9.5 more weeks of the three of us...As much as I'm enjoying it, I can't wait to meet his sister!

This week IPTV took the job of babysitting whenever Momma wanted to do...anything.  Benjamin has had a cold for a week now, and although I'm a stickler about T.V. time, I relied on it heavily this week.  FYI:  I hate Clifford...I haven't turned it off yet, but I'm about to outlaw it.  That and Martha speaks (I've only seen that once)  They can be sooo snotty!

I couldn't get any good still shots, and my standards of a good picture kept getting lowered.

This morning Benjamin was quiet in the kitchen  and it appeared he was innocently playing by the fridge.  It was quiet too long, and I asked him to come in the Living Room.  I was consistently peeking at him, but somehow he managed to find his own breakfast...Chocolate Chip Cookies on the counter...He's getting too tall!





No comments: