Sunday, September 5, 2010

out and about

These first pictures are from this past weekend.  Daddy went on a retreat all weekend with some student leaders so we attempted to get back on a sleep schedule after being slightly under the weather.  We weren't very successful, and had a lot of weird naps, and even some bad dreams/night terrors.  Saturday night Benjamin cried (cry is much too mild of a term) for about 35 minutes and after NOTHING calmed him down, he just suddenly stopped and walked to the book shelf and grabbed his current favorite book - The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I don't know if he was technically having a "night terror"  He seemed very distant, and not very responsive, except a few breaks to drink large amounts of milk...followed by screaming.  Also when I asked him to do "round-a-bit" (a game Grandma Sue taught him) he would draw circles on my hand while wailing.  I don't know what for sure has been going on but I think he's getting overly tired...we'll see if we can get over this hump!

Here is our daddy-less weekend trip to the library.  








Here are some photos of our first tailgate of the year...It was too chilly and a little misty, so I'm not proud that I had him outside.  My guilt got the best of me, and I left after 45 minutes...but it was enough time to have a pretty good time.  Our set up had a very secluded are so Benjamin got to wander around quite a bit.  He was on cloud 9!











It has been a rainy summer, and I'm kinda of getting immune to it.  The other day I knew it looked like rain out, but I wanted so badly to go on a walk, I decided to ignore the clouds and take off on a short journey.  I was confident we could make it from our house to Hyland, and back.  Well, we made it to Hyland, but as we crossed the street to turn around it began to down pour.  It was ridiculous...Benjamin thought it was great fun, and after this drenched pregnant woman and her 1 year old puddle jumped home, I realized we lost our brand new flip flop.  $3.50 was not worth looking for it!  Thankfully Benjamin was a good sport!



No comments: